DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

4 hours ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

I was so hypnotised by Vince's hips that it took me a full 10 seconds to notice (Fuck) Hulk Hogan in the background with the sleeveless tux. 

That was one of the first things that popped out to me and what made the whole thing all the more surreal.

...Oddly enough, and this doesn't get mentioned much, but he wore the same tux for his Metallica audition. That's the other reason he didn't get the gig at the time. That and the fact that he couldn't play any of their songs, apart from the opening chords of nothing else matters and even that sounded wonky played with a bass. Hey, could've happened!

Edited by Shartnado
story time...
  • Like 1

Red Velvet and KiLynn King beat Ivelisse & Diamanted on Dark.  Felt like a upset even though Velvet has a high profile match coming up on Dynamite when she teams up with Cody to face Jade Cargill and pphhhhhhhhfffftttt Shaq.

Also, CWFH National Television Champ and standout, Levy Shapiro, did not make it to the pay windah as he, John Skylar, and Ryzin fell to the Dark Order trio of Evil Uno, Alan Angels, and Colt Cabana.

Abadon beat down Renee Michelle aka Drake Maverick's real life wife.

Edited by J.T.

Kind of speaking of Red Velvet, has this Jade Cargill actually wrestled on the indies?  I figure there are a couple of Dark matches out there.  I would hate to think that someone with no experience is going to be the leader of the team.   Because it really doesn't look like Shaq is giving 2 fucks about this match except to promote himself more.  

Edited by hammerva

5 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Nope! Not a single match that I can find. 

Meanwhile, Red Velvet has been a worker since 2016.

Edited by J.T.

Rhodes said there is a name (which he loves) for the new AEW TNT show and that it is coming in 2021, that he feels Sting could work a regular match and that we likely haven't seen the last of Maki Itoh in an AEW ring. 

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/cody-rhodes-aew-media-call-pat-mcafee-nxt-moving-new-shows-334766

Ok, which one of you asked about Maki Itoh?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Red Velvet and KiLynn King beat Ivelisse & Diamanted on Dark.  Felt like a upset even though Velvet has a high profile match coming up on Dynamite when she teams up with Cody to face Jade Cargill and pphhhhhhhhfffftttt Shaq.

Also, CWFH National Television Champ and standout, Levy Shapiro, did not make it to the pay windah as he, John Skylar, and Ryzin fell to the Dark Order trio of Evil Uno, Alan Angels, and Colt Cabana.

Abadon beat down Renee Michelle aka Drake Maverick's real life wife.

Let's not forget that Solow also got his first win! Now all we need is for Shawn Dean to finally win, I believe he now owns the largest losing streak.

Ryzin has implied that he wants to join The Dark Order. I'm all for that.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So of those Youtube matches from the women's tourney, which should I specifically check out? 

Ryo Mizunami. By far, the star of the entire tournament.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AxB said:

Antony Bowens missed months of his career after getting injured during a WWE tryout, and the company promised they would take care of him when he recovered. Then he did recover, and they pretended to have never heard of him.

That's classy.

Much like I have asked in the baseball thread regarding other people, we really don't need every single idiotic thing Chris Jericho says posted on the board

• Thanks 2

So this is Eddie Kingston's 20th year wrestling, and one thing he's said many times before is that he wants a match against Jun Akiyama before he calls it quits. Now, Tony Kahn seems to like doing cool shit for his employees, like "Tarzan Boy" for Jungle Jack as a birthday gift... Am I the only hoping he gets Akiyama over here to make Eddie's dream come true? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

So this is Eddie Kingston's 20th year wrestling, and one thing he's said many times before is that he wants a match against Jun Akiyama before he calls it quits. Now, Tony Kahn seems to like doing cool shit for his employees, like "Tarzan Boy" for Jungle Jack as a birthday gift... Am I the only hoping he gets Akiyama over here to make Eddie's dream come true? 

Challenge for the KOD Openweight? That one's on Kenny.

• Like 1

Hey something I can agree with Chris Jericho on. WWE finally signs Sting and we didn't get the dream match, Sting vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXXI but Sting vs. Triple H and Sting jobs! Beyond frustrating.

• Like 1

I might be in the minority, but I liked Sting/HHH. The nWo/DX thing made no sense of course (but it did within WWE's contrived Us vs Them Still 20 years later bullshit), but the match itself was perfectly fine. I don't know that I'd want to see Sting/Undertaker past 2014 since he was delivering extremely diminishing returns by that point, and the "cinematic" match wasn't really a thing in WWE as of yet.

But yeah it was a joke of a run. I don't know how I was ever supposed to view Big Show/Paul Wight in WWE as a threat in the remaining years, ever, when the dude was crying over punching Dusty Rhodes or about his mortgage or whatever it was in-storyline.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hey something I can agree with Chris Jericho on. WWE finally signs Sting and we didn't get the dream match, Sting vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXXI but Sting vs. Triple H and Sting jobs! Beyond frustrating.

Yes because Taker after having lost confidence from the Brock match was totally ready do a major match with Sting.  In reality the match would have been terrible. Neither guy was ready for it. The HHH match was always more of a test to see where Sting was at. It was better than it could have been, but it wasn't good with HHH having to carry the majority of it. The only issue I had with it was HHH winning. That should not have happened considering they had bigger plans for Sting challenging for the world title later in the year. Otherwise it was fine.

I don't know what the multi-year value is in Bret Hart as an onscreen performer. Was nice that he showed up at Double Or Nothing, and I wouldn't mind seeing him once in a while. But no.

Same goes for Steven "Coolman" Anderson, unless he's working a match. And if WWE haven't found a way to coax him into that by now... *shrug*

I'm sure not all of his all-time favourites are on his Mount Rushmore. Mark Henry, woot!