DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

This is how Gedo's booking meetings have been going during the Pandemic. Explains a lot.

crs_285541_2.jpg

"Fuck, shit, fuck! You will feud with Chase Owens and need interference to win, fuck shit!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Stardom Budokan special issue cover

EwCzmSLVgAAQd3k?format=jpg&name=900x900

I know they're still dealing with the pandemic capacities, but those completely empty stands are not a good look. You'd think they could've shot the photo to hide that a little better.

OTOH, how refreshing for women on a women's show to make the Weekly Puroresu cover for something besides third-degree assault.

46 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

the-un-americans-7503916d-e958-414e-adf5

I love that story Lance told about the group...

Spoiler

Another fond Test memory I have is the night the UnAmerican gimmick likely died. You’ve all heard the rumors about how there was heat on Test and Christian for not wanting to cut their hair for the gimmick, which ultimately lead to the breaking up of the group. I’m not sure if the hair cut issue was actually a factor but I laugh every time I think of the meeting we had with Vince when the topic came up.

Vince and Johnny called us all into a room to discuss our group. I’m not sure if William Regal was part of the group then or not but Test is the important part of the story anyway. We get called into the meeting and Vince tells us all he wants us to have shorter more military style haircuts. Now remember Christian and Test at this time had the really long hair. To illustrate his point Vince uses me as the example of what he means by military style haircut. I think Christian was willing to get a hair cut, just not thrilled with being told exactly what kind of hair cut. In either event Christian voiced a fairly politically correct protest, while Test spoke out a lot more openly.

This may be my favourite Test memory because it was just so Andrew. (These aren’t the exact words but it’s close) Test looked Vince right in the face and said he had a life outside of wrestling and his appearance is very important to him so there was no way he was going to get a hair cut that would make him look like a F?king idiot. He then paused looked at me and added, “No Offense, Lance” It was awesome! He restated his case several times and every time he mentioned how horrible that look would be he would add, “No Offense Lance”. What made that line so great was that he legitimately meant no offense by it, yet it was a line that could not be taken any way but offensively. Andrew always said what he felt and he felt very strongly about this and wasn’t going to politically correct Vince or me. It was such a fantastic moment. I laughed when he said it, took no offense from it and thought it was the greatest thing I’ve ever heard anyone say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13