DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

3 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Peacock censoring WWE Network footage has the potential to inspire 1,000 sardonic memes. Congrats on getting there first over here.

- RAF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don't know what the best part is.  The giant leather fanny pack?  The Zubaz?  The tank top tucked into shorts?  The Nokia phone on a pocket clip?  It's impossible to say.

• Like 8

One of our matches for this week upcoming will be Ischa Israel vs Jean Corne and it's really great, 100% a transitional middleweight match between the 50s style and what we'll get with Petit Prince. When it comes up you should watch the whole thing. For now, a few gifs.

I love this cut off. It's so definitive and it's paid off on the third try with a headcissors takeover that can't be blocked, btw:

1WmoZV.gif

Just amazing "holding on to a hold" sequences here:

lxKywg.gif

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I don't know what the best part is.  The giant leather fanny pack?  The Zubaz?  The tank top tucked into shorts?  The Nokia phone on a pocket clip?  It's impossible to say.

I think the best part is that El Dandy is on Facebook.

More Israel vs Corne

This is one of my favorite spots in forever. Total Human Game of Chess stuff here. Corne has him in a short leg scissors. So Israel whacks him dead on in the skull with his foot, and then when Corne's blocking the next few he uses the opening to slip his own foot in to lock in a short leg scissors of his own which causes the ref to force a break.

JyVMqy.gif

This whole sequence is obviously cool, but what the hell is going on with that trip/pin off the ropes? It comes at such a weird angle that your eyes don't expect it since he doesn't turn and just goes chest first into the ropes.

91xoQz.gif

• Like 4