DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

Seeing that gif made me want to track down that match. Here it is. Hansen and Brody really made Barry work for everything in this match and it's great.

Edited by cwoy2j

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Seeing that gif made me want to track down that match. Here it is. Hansen and Brody really made Barry work for everything in this match and it's great.

In this case, "work for everything" = "give him nothing." There's a distinction.

Took me a little too long to realize Barry was teaming with Ron Fuller (his only Japan tour to the best of my knowledge) - that's almost too much hoss for one ring. This could've been really fun if Brody/Hansen had any interest in making this look competitive, but they didn't, so it wasn't.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

5Qq9ox.gif

Match itself didn't do anything for me, but the visual of a 6'9 dude planting a dropkick on his 6'8 opponent's chin is pretty delicious.

The real highlight is Fuller’s robe with “The Stud” written in sparkles on the back. My birthday is coming up. I know what I’m asking for!

7 minutes ago, Log said:

The real highlight is Fuller’s robe with “The Stud” written in sparkles on the back. My birthday is coming up. I know what I’m asking for!

I think it actually read TENN(essee) STUD, which is somehow even cooler.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There are numerous episodes of the Studcast and Suoer Studcast devoted to Ron’s trip to Japan and that match. Yes, they were indeed worn out by the end. 

By the end of the match or the entire tour? Because this was the tour opener for them.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I was just watching Marko Stunt hitting a ridiculously co-operative looking head scissors on QT Marshall. In comparison, these 3 seconds are my platonic ideal for undersized dude hitting credible looking flying offence on a bigger guy.