DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

5 minutes ago, El Boricua said:

Man, the Andrade interview being done by Hugo Savinovich is just amazing with the info being dropped.

Yup. Charlotte got scrubbed from 'Mania because a WWE doctor told her she was pregnant. She is not pregnant. 

It wouldn't shock me at this point if she just transitions into movies/tv. Why would anyone work for WWE that had other options?

53 minutes ago, El Boricua said:

Man, the Andrade interview being done by Hugo Savinovich is just amazing with the info being dropped.

Is this interview somewhere I can read it.  I'm not familiar with Hugo Savinovich.

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

BOY HOWDY have they answered your question already, and it's only *checks clock* 8:12 PM

That opening segment was so ridiculous and hastily done, I feel like it must be a swerve.  I'm probably wrong, though.

I was talking about the (oh god I'm actually writing this) Miz and Morrison rap video. I missed the beginning. 

Hugo is a former wrestler, manager, and the longtime announcer for WWC in Puerto Rico and was the WWE Spanish commentator until 2011. He's doing AAA commentary now. 

13 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Charlotte's people playing damage control clarifying what Andrade was talking about WWE misdiagnosing her pregnant.

It adds more context but doesn't actually contradict what Andrade said, it actually confirms what he said about Charlotte being called up and told she was pregnant (I mean, what is the implication of being told you're being medically suspended due to pregnancy). The detail Andrade mentions in the interview is that it was the doctor in  charge of the doping tests who called Charlotte up to tell her this. It's also the same doctor that failed Andrade the year before which resulted in his suspension. Andrade questioned a bit whether there may have been a screw up last year with his test after going through this now with Charlotte.

3 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I read all of this and I still don't know who he is. Was he ever on TV? Also, as a native Texan I'll tell you right now, we don't take too kindly to fake Texans.

He was on the 2004 Tough Enough that took place on Smackdown with Miz, Daniel Puder, Ryback, etc. Then as mentioned, a couple matches on HEAT though at that point I think Heat was just on the website.

• Like 1

The bit in Charlotte's statement about how short the window is for the women compared to male wrestlers made me think of the time Meltzer congratulated Layla El for managing to stay on tv even though she was over 30 (Vince's line in the sand at the time for female wrestlers getting tv time).

Things have gotten better but I'm never quite sure I won't just look up one day and see Bayley off tv because she's too old and Mandy Rose in a bra and panties match.  Vince's track record doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Interesting interview which matches with what other ex-WWE guys have said. The women being able to go 20 minutes comment made me think about the main roster and who could go 20 and I think there are more than Andrade is giving the roster credit for.

12 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Interesting interview which matches with what other ex-WWE guys have said. The women being able to go 20 minutes comment made me think about the main roster and who could go 20 and I think there are more than Andrade is giving the roster credit for.

Asuka, the Horsewomen, Shayna... Nattie, Mickie? Possibly Rhea, Nikki and Mia?

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

@IronMoose I'd probably agree with that and toss in Naomi too. Did Ruby have long matches on the indies?

Naomi is a question mark. She has never really been tested that way. Many of the main roster women haven't which is why its a weird thing to claim. 

Just give Asuka any plans they had for Riddle in the future which yes includes riding around on a scooter. Remove anything involving bad pothead writing though.

16 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

The final NJPW talent showing up in WWF was the December 1984 MSG show with the famous Cobra vs Black Tiger match, and Inoki vs Dr. D David Schultz.

For what it’s worth, Cobra stuck around through mid-1985 for tv tapings and a house show loop. He wrestles at MSG against Barry O in April, and then his last WWF match is in Dallas against Steamboat in May 1985.

• Like 1