DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

What's interesting about Sid is how many stints he had in each company over a decade. (3 WCW, 2 WWF) If he debuted for the 15-20 year period where WWE was the only major promotion he probably flames out in 6 months to a year and is never heard from again. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

What's interesting about Sid is how many stints he had in each company over a decade. (3 WCW, 2 WWF) If he debuted for the 15-20 year period where WWE was the only major promotion he probably flames out in 6 months to a year and is never heard from again. 

He also had that ECW stint, where he just showed up to chokeslam and powerbomb guys.

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

He also had that ECW stint, where he just showed up to chokeslam and powerbomb guys.

Seeing all the ECW mutants mark out for Sid like 12 year old girls at a Ricky Martin concert was and will always be hilarious.

• Like 6

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Waking up to see Randy Orton on Twitter talking about what a big dick he has sure was an interesting way to start the morning

(He is still going out with Souljaboy)

Can't wait for Orton v Soulja Boy at Wrestlemania next year....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Can't wait for Orton v Soulja Boy at Wrestlemania next year....

It could be worse.  It could be a neverending feud between Orton and... I dunno.... the Fiend that culminates in bad match at Wrestlemania.

Oh, wait...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 minute ago, Eoae said:

It could be worse.  It could be a neverending feud between Orton and... I dunno.... the Fiend that culminates in bad match at Wrestlemania.

Oh, wait...

Touche, good sir.

40 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Seeing all the ECW mutants mark out for Sid like 12 year old girls at a Ricky Martin concert was and will always be hilarious.

Everyone marks out for Sid. That's the beauty of Sid.

Proper appreciation of Sid is right there with Mark Henry and Bunkhouse Buck in being the line of demarcation between the Scott Keiths of the early IWC vs. the far more enlightened palette. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

This is making me laugh a lot harder than it should

I was watching Summerslam 93 last night. It borders on absolutely preposterous what he does.

There is a slingshot Perfect does on Shawn to the outside and it's like a crash test dummy has been ejected 50 feet from a vehicle.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://lastwordonsports.com/prowrestling/2020/04/28/wrestling-summit-wwf-njpw-ajpw/

This is a pretty good read. I had no idea that Tenryu's SWS was the reason WWF and NJPW stopped working together, which was a career-long relationship. 

That doesn't seem right. WWF stopped sending talent over to work NJPW tours as far back as 1985, five years before the Tokyo Dome Wrestling Summit and subsequent formation of Super World Sports. The final NJPW talent showing up in WWF was the December 1984 MSG show with the famous Cobra vs Black Tiger match, and Inoki vs Dr. D David Schultz. Hogan's last NJPW match in that era was in June 1985 against Inoki.

Andre kept going over to Japan into 1986, but that might have been separate from the overall talent trade agreement.

Since Dan Rodimer's campaign for Congress last year in Nevada went so well, he's now running for Congress in Texas. And... well, see for yourself.

It's pretty amazing.

• Haha 6

Had to look up Dan Rodimer as I didn’t / couldn’t remember who he was.

Wikipedia says his first match ever was a win over Heath Slater. Poor Heath. He must have had kids to feed even back then. 

Anyways, it’s Monday and I have that sinking “what dumb stuff is WWE going to do tonite” feeling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

That Shawn Michaels inspired Dolph Ziggler is probably an unforgivable black mark on his legacy, isn't it?

Can't be the G.O.A.T. if you've got vanilla bellyfloppers out here trying to "steal the show" instead of doing cool pro wrestling shit because it comes naturally or whatever. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Had to look up Dan Rodimer as I didn’t / couldn’t remember who he was.

I had to look him up too and I still don’t know who he is. He definitely picked up the carny aspects of the business during his training though that’s for sure

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I had to look him up too and I still don’t know who he is. He definitely picked up the carny aspects of the business during his training though that’s for sure

27 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wasn't Rodimer supposedly one of Stephanie's favorites before he washed out of the system?

I read all of this and I still don't know who he is. Was he ever on TV? Also, as a native Texan I'll tell you right now, we don't take too kindly to fake Texans.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Wasn't Rodimer supposedly one of Stephanie's favorites before he washed out of the system?

This reminds me of that story of when Stephanie saw Ultimo Dragon with his mask off and wondered why such a good-looking guy would wear a mask and called him "Ultimo Hottie". I never want to know if that that isn't true. It always makes me laugh, thinking about her going "Ultimo Hottie!"