DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

How many wrestlers have done all of their training at the PC (or in FCW or whatever), and had successful careers? Is it just Corbin and Cody?

Big E

Carmella

The Bellas

I am sure there are more women

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

There is no doubt in my cold dark longhaul COVID19 brainpan that The Great Khali is the WORST wrestler in the WWE HoF. This includes the workers that RAF cannot stand (Putski, Mascaras, Beefcake). And it's a shonda that Mr. GTASteele was mentioned, he was awesome. I gettin' all het up in this place...

- RAF

I thought you were mistaken there and I had to look it up...

Beefcake actually IS in the Hall of Fame. And that was TWO years ago! Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I thought you were mistaken there and I had to look it up...

Beefcake actually IS in the Hall of Fame. And that was TWO years ago! Jesus Christ. 

You're not alone in not knowing who's in their HOF.  Meltzer mentioned today that they're inducting Davey Boy Smith this year.  How is he not in yet?  My only guess is it's due to their per-year limit on dead wrestlers.

Just now, Technico Support said:

You're not alone in not knowing who's in their HOF.  Meltzer mentioned today that they're inducting Davey Boy Smith this year.  How is he not in yet?  My only guess is it's due to their per-year limit on dead wrestlers.

He is part of last year's class that is getting night one of the inductions, I believe. 

But yeah, when they announced it last year, I for sure thought he was already in. Maybe I just blended him in with the whole Hart Family getting inducted.

• Like 1

I'm shocked Luger isn't in already. I thought maybe there was beef between him and the powers that be, but that's not held up plenty of other people. Plus isn't he a bigtime christian nowadays? Maybe there's controversy over his association in Elizabeth's death?

• Like 1

The Luger thing is weird, because he's on good terms with them. He's been on many docs and at one point, wasn't he on the wellness spokesperson committee or something? Where he talked about the pitfalls of abuse. I know he was under contract for something like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

See the WWE Performance Centre, how they not only take established Indie wrestlers and teach them WWE Style, but they also take people with no Pro-Wrestling experience and teach them everything?

How many wrestlers have done all of their training at the PC (or in FCW or whatever), and had successful careers? Is it just Corbin and Cody?

nb: Roman was trained by Afa before he got signed.

Alexa Bliss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

Wow, we can complain about something new each day of the week now!!

But I still have so much old wrestling to catch up on complaining about!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Plus isn't he a bigtime christian nowadays? 

I believe he has been a guest of honor at Nikita Koloff's backwoods Christian camp getaways for young men, which is a sentence that I genuinely enjoyed typing for whatever reason. 

Also, Luger should absolutely be in, and I personally believe that his 1995-1997 run in WCW deserves more love and on a lesser level, so does his 2000-2001 heel run in the upper-midcard. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Abe Lincoln was totally overrated as a wrestler!  He also was totally not legit and I'm positive he couldn't hold his own against a shooter.

I know, look how he was jobbed out by the noted shooter John Wilkes Booth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I believe he has been a guest of honor at Nikita Koloff's backwoods Christian camp getaways for young men, which is a sentence that I genuinely enjoyed typing for whatever reason. 

Also, Luger should absolutely be in, and I personally believe that his 1995-1997 run in WCW deserves more love and on a lesser level, so does his 2000-2001 heel run in the upper-midcard. 

Speaking of underappreciated Luger runs, I think they could have gotten a lot more mileage out of The Narcissist gimmick before turning him into Mr. USA. He fit the role well and Henan as his manager was even better.

• Like 5

On 3/24/2021 at 2:43 PM, Smelly McUgly said:

Sid should be inducted solely for his Survivor Series '96 entrance. 

Because...

---

Entrance aside, this is great because it has the old school tunnel pre-entrance, and Vince on commentary. Say what you want, but "getting his ass kicked weekly" Vince on commentary (booking too) is my favorite and I love this "throw it to the wall and see what sticks" era of WWF.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, AxB said:

See the WWE Performance Centre, how they not only take established Indie wrestlers and teach them WWE Style, but they also take people with no Pro-Wrestling experience and teach them everything?

nb: Roman was trained by Afa before he got signed.

I don't think Montez Ford had any training before either.

• Like 1

i don't believe they should censor the Piper racist shit because that opens the door for more edits.  it was bad enough with the music rights issues.  Next will be language and then blood etc...    

if i'm paying you $9.99 a month i should be able to decide if something is too much for me.   i've been a subscriber since day 1 but if this is how they will be handling it then i'm out.  

The current stuff isn't good enough. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I just looked at some vases chronicling the exploits of of Leontiskos of Messene, and boy howdy do I have some thoughts. 

Waiting for Lynchodopolous to send out his new amphora list so I can finally see all this pankration that Meltzerathes has been talking about down at the agora

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1