DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

4 minutes ago, RRR said:

0 chance of that. 

Care to elaborate?

I'm coming from a perspective where they wouldn't want HHH in charge because he doesn't have a MBA (Meltzer has mentioned this) and I'm guessing they wouldn't want Steph either, with her lack of track record.  I forget what her degree is, but I don't think a major TV company would put someone like that in such a position.  She has on company on her whole resume and that was a job her dad gave her. 

33 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Care to elaborate?

I'm coming from a perspective where they wouldn't want HHH in charge because he doesn't have a MBA (Meltzer has mentioned this) and I'm guessing they wouldn't want Steph either, with her lack of track record.  I forget what her degree is, but I don't think a major TV company would put someone like that in such a position.  She has on company on her whole resume and that was a job her dad gave her. 

Pretty sure Vince has already mentioned his shares will go to Steph, Shane, HHH, & Marissa when he passes so what are the chance they decide to sell? Have there even been hints Stepth & HHH want to move on?

I doubt WWE sells, they will shift to what they're planning in the end, which is big group effort. Comes a time when Bosses get too sick and frail to keep doing all those different multiple jobs. 

However WWE selling their content rights and letting outside companies help with merch and etc could happen next decade.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JUSTICE FOR HERCULES AYALA!

Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god. How atrocious was that man on the PR set. And that was a promotion with some of the loosest and most basic of wrestlers. I was laid up with a broken arm and more sauced than the Medalla drinkers in Roberto Clemente Stadium watching that set and I hated him THEN even.

EDIT: I wasn't watching WWE then but them putting a pothead former bouncer with a prior pimp gimmick as a censor is something I had no clue about and is entirely hilarious. How did they explain that? Did he have a religious conversion? Did Dancin' Stevie Richards baptize him or something?

EDIT II: Okay, he was a strip club owner, not a bouncer. Which just makes it worse. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

28 minutes ago, Log said:

I have a degree in Communications from a major university and I’m not qualified to run shit. 

Most people with MBA's aren't either.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Sid managing normal sized guys seems as silly as Ron managing the Stud Stable, being almost a foot taller than some of his crew. 

Does it qualify as ironic that even when Ron managed Sid, he was an inch or two taller than his client, especially with the hat on? Or is even that just coincidental?

Let's see: Sid managing most guys would make them seem as small as Ron made most guys seem. Ron managing Sid made Sid seem like most guys. Can that be considered to be the literal definition of irony, or no?

Edited by Shartnado
I show my work
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

If we spend three pages debating Torrie vs Khali, I don't know who the winner would be, but I know that we'd be the losers.

Then get ready to lose, 'cause I'M A-GONNA DEBATE IT!!!

Seriously though. I remember Torrie reaching basic competence under Finlay's guidance. She was way better than Khali.

• Like 3

Luger won't get it because god damn pal, nobody wants to see a guy in a wheelchair on stage! Which is a shame cuz he absolutely does deserve it. Him beating Hogan for the WCW title on Nitro was one of my favorite moments of Nitro

• Like 8

There is no doubt in my cold dark longhaul COVID19 brainpan that The Great Khali is the WORST wrestler in the WWE HoF. This includes the workers that RAF cannot stand (Putski, Mascaras, Beefcake). And it's a shonda that Mr. GTASteele was mentioned, he was awesome. I gettin' all het up in this place...

- RAF

• Like 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
58 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

There is no doubt in my cold dark longhaul COVID19 brainpan that The Great Khali is the WORST wrestler in the WWE HoF. This includes the workers that RAF cannot stand (Putski, Mascaras, Beefcake). And it's a shonda that Mr. GTASteele was mentioned, he was awesome. I gettin' all het up in this place...

- RAF

I'd go with Abdullah The Butcher but at least he's in some great tags. I havent watched a Khali match since 05 so I might be forgetting some carryjobs involving him.

20 hours ago, Raziel said:

Steele and Jim were at least entertaining for more than 1 segment.

For a second I read this wrong and wondered when Jungle Jim Steele went into the WWE HoF.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

See the WWE Performance Centre, how they not only take established Indie wrestlers and teach them WWE Style, but they also take people with no Pro-Wrestling experience and teach them everything?

How many wrestlers have done all of their training at the PC (or in FCW or whatever), and had successful careers? Is it just Corbin and Cody?

nb: Roman was trained by Afa before he got signed.

• Like 1