DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

I quickly looked over the WWE hall of fame list and nobody really stood out to me.  Maybe Jesse Ventura was the most horrendous in the ring.

I acknowledge that Colon is another one of those "greats" that I just don't like (not as irrationally as much as say Inoki or Mascaras)

JUSTICE FOR HERCULES AYALA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Why isn't Sid in the Hall of Fame yet? Does he have beef with the company?

As of at least two years ago - Sid said he didn't want to go into the Hall of Fame because he thought he could still come back as a manager. (Part of this he feels like he needs to "earn" his place in the Hall)

I can't see any ideal situation where could be a manager. I mean, he COULD be a great mouthpiece. But Sid's charm is him being Sid, not scripted promos.

I'd say he's earned his spot in the HoF. Multiple time world champ, star in both companies in 3 eras.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Sid managing normal sized guys seems as silly as Ron managing the Stud Stable, being almost a foot taller than some of his crew. 

Nick Patrick is out here taller than 75% of the WCW roster. At least with managers, they're not standing side by side DURING the match. 

Matter of fact, Mike Atkins (Nick's brother in law/Jody's son in law) was tall too for a ref.

The softball joke is always there with Sid, but I wanna see footage of this dude in the field and at the plate.

Dream home run derby: Sid vs Savage. Macho could rake. We all saw those clips from that game during festivites from The SummerSlam '94.

Edited by PetrolCB

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I acknowledge that Colon is another one of those "greats" that I just don't like (not as irrationally as much as say Inoki or Mascaras)

JUSTICE FOR HERCULES AYALA!

I think most people here have a damned good reason to hate Colon (and I think you know what I'm referring to).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I've assumed ever since WWE went public that Vince's death or incapacitation just ends with them getting sold to Viacom or somebody.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My guess it will be the battle between their two current TV partners

I feel like this is how WWE finally dies.  Vince heads off to that giant steak wrap shop in the sky.  Company is purchased outright by NBCU or Fox.  HHH and Steph probably cash out because it's a pain in the ass to deal with and they have kids and money and why do this shit anymore?   The reigns are turned over to non-wrestling TV people who don't care as much about it and see it as another thing in a massive portfolio.  It becomes just another TV show, and is eventually cancelled because the ratings are too low, it's too much of a headache to manage, those in charge don't exactly get it or care all that much, or some combination of all of the above.  Just like WCW, as soon as a wrestling company's fate is in the hands on non-wrestling people, it's just a matter of time. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I read it and mentioned it in the Network thread

Basically its PWI making the leap that they are censoring everything when the only two instances they found where Piper/Brown and Vince dropping the N bomb

Again - it is fairly easy to see why Peacock would want those gone.

Peacock: let's purchase a product that's always catered to the lowest common denominator!

Peacock: not like that!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I feel like this is how WWE finally dies.  Vince heads off to that giant steak wrap shop in the sky.  Company is purchased outright by NBCU or Fox.  [b]HHH and Steph probably cash out[/b] because it's a pain in the ass to deal with and they have kids and money and why do this shit anymore?   The reigns are turned over to non-wrestling TV people who don't care as much about it and see it as another thing in a massive portfolio.  It becomes just another TV show, and is eventually cancelled because the ratings are too low, it's too much of a headache to manage, those in charge don't exactly get it or care all that much, or some combination of all of the above.  Just like WCW, as soon as a wrestling company's fate is in the hands on non-wrestling people, it's just a matter of time. 

Peacock: let's purchase a product that's always catered to the lowest common denominator!

Peacock: not like that!

0 chance of that.