DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

3 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I'd prefer Andrade to anywhere but AEW. I'd rather see him in ROH/NJPW though I'm not sure what the state of that relationship is currently. 

That's cool, man, different strokes and that. But as you alluded to, if you're looking to see Andrade in NJPW he may very well have a better shot at that now through AEW than through ROH

On 3/20/2021 at 6:59 AM, cwoy2j said:

We could probably make it work. The Network just made it easy for us though. I have a 3 year old and his wife is about 7 months preggers so our time for searching out stuff is a little limited. Just being able to fire up The Network at the same time made things go faster rather than searching for stuff on youtube or Daily Motion. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Toddler Moms premiering on MTV4 tonight. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's cool, man, different strokes and that. But as you alluded to, if you're looking to see Andrade in NJPW he may very well have a better shot at that now through AEW than through ROH

I find current AEW to be a hard watch and their roster is bloated. I think I'm one of the few on here.  I'd like to see the LIJ connections used.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

I find current AEW to be a hard watch and their roster is bloated. I think I'm one of the few on here.  I'd like to see the LIJ connections used.

I respectfully disagree on the first point but agree on the second.  I would much rather see him do New Japan though not sure if he would join LIJ or do his own thing.  I know he has friends in ROH but while this is partly me still being anti-ROH for various reasons I just think it'd be a huge step backwards for him.  And while I like Impact I don't think they'd be a good fit for him either.

All I know is it really speaks volumes that he is an incredible talent with all that one could ask for in a star and they just didn't care.  Heck, he even has a beautiful fiancee who is not only a great but also a Flair and it didn't matter.  Hopefully he fares better with wherever else he goes.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I respectfully disagree on the first point but agree on the second.  I would much rather see him do New Japan though not sure if he would join LIJ or do his own thing.  I know he has friends in ROH but while this is partly me still being anti-ROH for various reasons I just think it'd be a huge step backwards for him.  And while I like Impact I don't think they'd be a good fit for him either.

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority on the first point. 

But I agree with you on the rest. If him not speaking fluent English is such a issue then I don't know why WWE bothers. They want Eddie, not a new Latino star.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spontaneous said:

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority on the first point. 

But I agree with you on the rest. If him not speaking fluent English is such a issue then I don't know why WWE bothers. They want Eddie, not a new Latino star.

I feel like we just kinda relitigated this point with Arn's comments on Sin Cara I/Carastico recently, but you're spot on here. 

And by the way... did *anyone* give a shit about Andrade's English when he had a super-talented, super-beautiful, bilingual manager right there next to him? Of course they fucked that up too, but that's beside the point... there are ways around the problem that don't involve forcing a guy into English lessons so you can shove him out there with a lame-ass script to get "WHAT?"-ed to death. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I feel like we just kinda relitigated this point with Arn's comments on Sin Cara I/Carastico recently, but you're spot on here. 

And by the way... did *anyone* give a shit about Andrade's English when he had a super-talented, super-beautiful, bilingual manager right there next to him? Of course they fucked that up too, but that's beside the point... there are ways around the problem that don't involve forcing a guy into English lessons so you can shove him out there with a lame-ass script to get "WHAT?"-ed to death. 

Your reply came in just as I was about to finish typing so excuse me for repeating the same points but...

Based on Arn Anderson ethering poor Mistico aka Sin Cara numero uno, not understanding or not seeing psychology in lucha libre, and constantly using Rey Misterio as the example, it's apparent these guys have NO chance whatsoever.

Rey and Eddie are not only once in a generation talents who got to work with other once in a generation talents, but more importantly, they're Americans who happen to also be Mexican. Same with Konnan being Puerto Rican and Cuban American. Also, Eddie had the luxury of being from a family where wrestling talent wasn't in short supply and had already been stars in the U.S. territories. 

They were able to cross over partly cause they understand the little nuances and the cultural differences. I guess you can call it code switching, but they understood what crowd they were working in front of. Unless you're talking about a L.A. Park where the charisma is undeniable or a Juvi or Super Crazy, that's a tall and unrealistic huddle to jump over and unfair light to view talent in. It would be like asking everyone to be Stone Cold and The Rock. Well, good goddamn luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

99% of the time with people leaving the WWE, it's guys who've either reached their level (FTR, Harper, Rusev) or even surpassed what should have been their ceiling (Ambrose). A guy like Andrade, who looks like that, has a physical charisma like that and managed to get a potential "best match in company history" out of Johnny Gargano was nowhere near his ceiling. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

Bloated is putting it mildly. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RRR said:

Bloated is putting it mildly. 

I've been seeing this in literally every single thread lately - do people realize that the vast majority of those featured on the Dark shows aren't officially signed? It's a pretty big roster, sure, but it doesn't come close to WCW '97 or WWE today, for example. Plus, if a free agent like this becomes available, I'm sure "cap space" can be found. You really think AEW/Khan would say "Well, we'd love to have you Andrade, but we blew the budget on Colton Gunn and Luther so good luck elsewhere"?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My worst fear has come true.  Peacock is going to completely annihilate WWE Network.  

Need to take a page from Channel 5, a UK channel used Batman 1960s TV series fight graphics when it showed WCW in the late 1990s as weapons were used. I'm not making this up. Pow! Biff!

Edited by The Natural

42 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My worst fear has come true.  Peacock is going to completely annihilate WWE Network.  

SlicedWrestling is a joke/parody account originally made to rip on SliceWrestling who either C&P's others stuff and claims it as his own or just makes stuff up.

So yes, it's fake.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've been seeing this in literally every single thread lately - do people realize that the vast majority of those featured on the Dark shows aren't officially signed? It's a pretty big roster, sure, but it doesn't come close to WCW '97 or WWE today, for example. Plus, if a free agent like this becomes available, I'm sure "cap space" can be found. You really think AEW/Khan would say "Well, we'd love to have you Andrade, but we blew the budget on Colton Gunn and Luther so good luck elsewhere"?

AEW has a large roster for only one main show, however, they ain't at WCW levels of unsustainable roster bloat. Once they moved to two hour Nitros in May 1996 and then eventually three hours, it was like wrestling potluck. You wanna see The Barbarian vs. Super Calo or Roadblock vs. Jimmy Graffiti or Mongo McMichael vs. Villano V? You got it, buddy.

• Haha 1