DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

12 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'd make a snide-ish comment about AEW not really keen on COVID deniers in the locker room, but then I remember Pillmancito works there and never mind.

Aww man. Pillman Jr is an anti-masker?

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm a few days late on this, but I just want to say, it is absolutely not uncommon for someone to come to a fast food restaurant, order a truly preposterous amount of food, and drive off.

And when the kitchen is 12-15 sandwiches deep into the order, with four baskets of fries down, and then front slowly realizes that they aren't in line... That's a fair amount of wasted product. And sometimes managers or crew get in trouble for excessive waste. So I totally get why the DQ was skeptical, and Cornette was being an asshole per usual.

Cornette was being a bit of an ass hole no doubt, but if they'd got to the food service window, they'd already paid, and the food should have been started to be prepared. 

Couple of notes from Meltzer from the radio show about things recently talked about

- The Mania ticket sale was pulled because they want to make a change but Dave doesn't know if it is to add more seats or take some away. Alvarez's theory (which Dave agreed with for the most part) is that they wanted to announce at least one "Main Event" before tickets went on sale and that is why Lashley/Drew was announced awkwardly on RAW.

- Dave said that the NXT outbreak and the ticket sale being pulled could be related but his lean is that it isn't (Partly because Dave freely admitted that he never assumes Vince will do the "right" thing)

- NXT show is being re-written and that things that "were supposed to be there" won't be.

- From the pure speculation department - the only person Dave could think of that could have been on RAW that wasn't was Reginald. But he did say you really wouldn't know anything till Friday and if he does or does not appear on Smackdown

• Like 1

So apparently Drake Wuertz and friends entered a government building maskless to...do some trolling and protest abortion or something I guess?  If Vince is as fed up with his independent contractors not following Covid protocols as they say he is, maybe it's time for something to be done about this goof once and for all. 

Whenever I get around to creating the list of awful wrestling shit to come out of the pandemic, "all around nice guy Drake Younger getting radicalized by a far right megachurch and becoming a QAnon nutjob" will be on it.  :(

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Cornette was being a bit of an ass hole no doubt, but if they'd got to the food service window, they'd already paid, and the food should have been started to be prepared. 

Not necessarily. Not every place has two separate windows, and some that do only use both during peak hours (the latter is true for places I've worked.)

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not necessarily. Not every place has two separate windows, and some that do only use both during peak hours (the latter is true for places I've worked.)

Especially considering that's a DQ in the, what, early 90s? And we have video of the incident. That DQ didn't have two separate windows.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Aww man. Pillman Jr is an anti-masker?

Well, shit! But hey, cosidering what a Loose Cannon his father was, this really shouldn't come as THAT big of a shock!

...Speaking of, I wonder if Pillman Sr. was for OR against wearing the Yellow Dog mask?

Edited by Shartnado
Pillman's mask
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Well, shit! But hey, cosidering what a Loose Cannon his father was, this really shouldn't come as THAT big of a shock!

I like Griff a lot but Pillman's views are the mean reason I can't get into the Varsity Blonds team.  I know it has nothing to do with his wrestling but some things are just hard to ignore when seeing him.  Which sucks considering before he really started wrestling he sounded like a level-headed person in interviews and much like his dad sounded rather smart.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I like Griff a lot but Pillman's views are the mean reason I can't get into the Varsity Blonds team.  I know it has nothing to do with his wrestling but some things are just hard to ignore when seeing him.  Which sucks considering before he really started wrestling he sounded like a level-headed person in interviews and much like his dad sounded rather smart.

Did he end up spending too much time around Teddy Hart before Hart removed himself from the equation once again, or what the hell went wrong?

10 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Did he end up spending too much time around Teddy Hart before Hart removed himself from the equation once again, or what the hell went wrong?

That wouldn't surprise me one bit if Teddy was a negative influence but at least that was the only thing Brian picked up from him.

54 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It don't care if that DQ had six drive up windows, 12 line workers 3 prep cooks and the best sous chef in the whole damn south.  Cornette is an asshole.

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

This. Treat people how you'd like to be treated. Respect goes both ways.

• Like 3

I'd like to think that if Randy fucking Orton and Jake Hager of all people could change some of their views on this shit based on the people they're around educating them, then Pillman Jr. could wise up too.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'd like to think that if Randy fucking Orton and Jake Hager of all people could change some of their views on this shit based on the people they're around educating them, then Pillman Jr. could wise up too.

Eh, Orton was out here trying to insult a childless black man online by telling him to round up his baby mamas, so it's still fuck Randy Orton on sight. 

Actually, except for any posters here from that state, fuck the whole state of Missouri. Abe Simpson "be in the cold ground before I recognize" etc., etc. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Hager changed his tune?  News to me, I'll have to look it up.  But if what Smelly said is true then that sucks as he seemed to be at least saying the right things recently.

5 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

University of South Florida’s Yuengling Center is the rumored new WWE location.

Considering the current owner of Yuengling has made some rather dubious choices the last few years it's very fitting they would locate there.

• Thanks 1

The last page or two of this thread basically supports my previously-made argument that the worst thing to happen to pro wrestling in the United States was not WWE destroying all serious competition or too many fanboi marks getting into the business themselves, but the invention of social media. If I ran a company, no one would be Tweeting or Facebooking by rule. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

The last page or two of this thread basically supports my previously-made argument that the worst thing to happen to the United States was the invention of social media.

FTFY.  I know you meant for wrestling but sometimes I almost long for the days when it was just AIM and the like.

But since it was about wrestling it would be nice but could be difficult to manage.  It could lead to people creating accounts with their real names or they could use other platforms to express themselves (I can see more people going to places like Gab.)  To me it just has potential to go down a slippery slope that would require the owner to have a very good handle on things while making sure they don't use Draconian measures to control it all.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Considering the current owner of Yuengling has made some rather dubious choices the last few years it's very fitting they would locate there.

You beat me by a half hour doc - I had quoted @Spontaneousso I could get into it, and then saw your post right under him. Fuuuuuck Yuengling. Anti-labor and very possibly anti-semitic and anti-LGBT to boot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

You beat me by a half hour doc - I had quoted @Spontaneousso I could get into it, and then saw your post right under him. Fuuuuuck Yuengling. Anti-labor and very possibly anti-semitic and anti-LGBT to boot. 

Bigoted, anti-labor, producing a very bland product designed for mass consumption by being as dull and unchallenging as possible.  Yuengling or WWE?

37 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

The last page or two of this thread basically supports my previously-made argument that the worst thing to happen to pro wrestling in the United States was not WWE destroying all serious competition or too many fanboi marks getting into the business themselves, but the invention of social media. If I ran a company, no one would be Tweeting or Facebooking by rule. 

Social media killed any sense of kayfabe long before Twitter or Facebook, when we had Samoa Joe of all people writing on MySpace this vague, feels-filled stuff about HHH saying mean things about him. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Bigoted, anti-labor, producing a very bland product designed for mass consumption by being as dull and unchallenging as possible.  Yuengling or WWE?

It's like a match made in Hell, isn't it?  One's super easy for me to boycott, the other...not quite as much.  But speaking of wrestling and beer...

HAPPY 3:16 DAY!

tenor.gif

• Like 5