DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

43 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Is he still doing work with the Lakers? I still maintain the idea that he should've been brought back when he uprooted a tree to save his mom from a house fire.

That is some legit heroic shit.

Agreed on the house fire thing. That's one of those slam dunks you gotta just go with. 

As for the Lakers, I actually coincidentally just last week saw a reddit post about it - I don't think he works for the team but for some kind of blogging site that covers them (like a Cageside Seats sort of thing from what I gathered)

• Like 1

In other crappy news, it sounds like Vince wants to put 40,000 people at WrestleMania this year.  So yeah social distancing can go fuck itself those two days given the size of the stadium.   I guess we should be glad it isn't 2022 or he would try to squeeze 90,000 in Dallas 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Andrade has to be a no-brainer for  AEW (assuming he wants to go). Maybe strange to say but I think he’s just in the sweet spot for guys WWE misused (and I think this applies for Black too). He’s still young enough that he (hopefully) hasn’t peaked. I think he was genuinely well booked in NXT, so there is somewhat of a precedent for him as a top guy in the US. There was flashes of him being treated as a future star on the main roster. Although he had a 2-3 year run, he had spells out so he’s never really gotten stale and fell into JAG territory. I think the fact that he never really got a shot at the main event even works in his favour as it genuinely seems like they’re losing a future star, rather than someone jumping ship after reaching their ceiling in WWE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well, as said in the other thread, they do need another luchador. And he honestly feels like someone you could slot straight into the main event to see if it sticks.

Just thinking about the magic he can do with Fenix and I can't begin to say how much that excites me. There's a few others that would work as well but that'd be such a money feud to start with. 

• Like 2

AEW already has too many people signed and not enough time to show them. They shouldn't be signing more guys until they get that second WarnerMedia show that's becoming near mythical at this point. First quarter of 2021 is in the books, and we still have no idea when or where this show is coming. 

Andrade IMHO is a great wrestler, but it's becoming a problem that AEW has such a crowded roster. Now they have a 47-year-old Christian Cage signed to a multi-year deal, and he's been inserted into the world title picture.

It seems like the best places that could use him are like ROH, NJPW, or the Mexican promotions. But he shouldn't feel pressured to sign a contract now either. 

But WWE might try to fight letting him go. They'd be losing a young star in his prime with a lot of upside. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

I basically forgot about the rumors that Andrade was unhappy with his run in WWE once he and Charlotte were public about them dating and being very madly in love based on their posts. I have a soft spot for multi generational wrestlers and you have a guy thats apart of a legendary family in Mexico dating the Daughter of possibly the greatest American wrestler ever. 

Charlotte is definitely the most protected wrestler on the main roster, I assumed he would've gotten  more consideration for a substantial push. 

His matches with Rey was he and Reys best work in the past few years. Andrade was probably my favorite wrestler on the main roster. And I enjoyed he and Zelina as an act. Prior to NXT I hadn't seen any of his work but I quickly gravitated to him. 

With RUSH being a top guy in Ring of Honor, I see him coming in. He'll probably get back into New Japan too. I could see him going to AEW as well but I think he'd probably let it be known to the people in charge about how unhappy he was in WWE and how he would like to have a chance to be featured alot better. I don't see him so eager to sign with AEW unless they were to have intentions on being featured well. Of all the former WWE talent they've gotten since the pandemic besides Brodie Lee, he be the best get and he'd probably recommend RUSH, if he felt it was worth it.

He's madly in love with Charlotte and he still wants to leave. He's obviously not the type of guy to politic his way up the card. I'm sure alot of guys would've waited around longer or would've just stayed around because of the relationship I hope he gets to leave with no issues 

• Like 1

This is yet another example of how completely and thoroughly fucked WWE's roster management system is. Tonight I counted no less than 3 segments for Nia Jax to do marginally shitty comedy with Reginald. Meanwhile Andrade and Aleister Black are nowhere the fuck to be found. It's incredible to me how many marquee stars are just "guys" now on WWE's roster, and it's even more incredible that indy talent continue to sign there. What the fuck does Taya Valkyrie think is going to happen to her? It's sad that Bruce Prichard's out of touch ass has so much effect on the careers of these incredibly gifted performers.

Also, because I'm too lazy and tipsy to go back in this thread, idk how much this has been commented on, but who the fuck thought bringing Johnny Ace back was a good idea? Johnny Ace and Bruce Prichard being in top spots in company leadership in goddamn 2021 is like an NFL team hiring Mike Ditka to fix their organization. But not good, mid-80's Ditka. I'm talking "trade all your picks for Ricky Willams" Mike Ditka. Even worse, Bruce and Johnny are so obsolete that it's like turning around and letting Ditka hire Mike Martz and Monte Kiffin to overhaul your offense and defense. Just outdated, ignorant methods of thinking that lead to a shitty, subpar product that's only being kept afloat by the supreme individual efforts by a few bulletproof stars...

Edited by just drew
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Meanwhile Andrade and Aleister Black are nowhere the fuck to be found. It's incredible to me how many marquee stars are just "guys" now on WWE's roster, and it's even more incredible that indy talent continue to sign there. What the fuck does Taya Valkyrie think is going to happen to her? It's sad that Bruce Prichard's out of touch ass has so much effect on the careers of these incredibly gifted performers.

Andrade and Black are checked out and want to leave. Why would you expect them to be used if that is the case? Also only Black is on Smackdown. I also wouldn't put the issue on as much I as I would Vince and his hot and cold attitude towards talent.

• Sad 1

I guess the one thing for Taya Valkyrie is she will be working closer in proximity to her husband, and in WWE/NXT, she will at least have the opportunity to probably make more money than she's ever had in her entire career between merchandise, royalties, and bonuses. 

I'm not sure how far someone like Taya Valkyrie gets, but at the very least, having a run in WWE can still raise her stock and value if she were to leave and continue wrestling elsewhere. And it will expose her to a different audience.

Andrade and Black are checked out and want to leave. Why would you expect them to be used if that is the case? Also only Black is on Smackdown. I also wouldn't put the issue on as much I as I would Vince and his hot and cold attitude towards talent.

I'm at least sort of grateful Apollo Crews was able to weather the storm. At least he's got something going on now, which is more than can be said for a lot of guys who are "just there" on the roster.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Just now, Eivion said:

Andrade and Black are checked out and want to leave. Why would you expect them to be used if that is the case? Also only Black is on Smackdown. I also wouldn't put the issue on as much I as I would Vince and his hot and cold attitude towards talent.

I think it's one of those circular things. If they were being used, would they be checked out and want to leave? Maybe Aleister still would, because his wife got screwed over pretty hard, but Andrade gets to wake up next to Charlotte Flair. It can't be easy to piss that guy off. But leave it to Podcast Prichard...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

I guess the one thing for Taya Valkyrie is she will be working closer in proximity to her husband, and in WWE/NXT, she will at least have the opportunity to probably make more money than she's ever had in her entire career between merchandise, royalties, and bonuses. 

I'm not sure how far someone like Taya Valkyrie gets, but at the very least, having a run in WWE can still raise her stock and value if she were to leave and continue wrestling elsewhere. And it will expose her to a different audience.

That was the first example I could think of. It's late and I'm not googling shit.

• Like 1

I feel like I've said this before but the Andrade situation has always seemed like an obvious case of "being in the dog house" and yet no one else anywhere ever thinks so so I wonder if I'm just nuts? Guy was used fairly well and had the US title, but during said run he pissed hot in between injuries. When they had the chance they put together a program to get the US title onto Crews and Andrade got moved into a tag team where if they lost he ate the pin and if they won his partner got the pin.

I get the Vince & co. will randomly seem to give up on people but this always seemed much more like punishment than that as opposed to Black who I think they legit just have no interest in.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I don't think we can put it past people in this company to punish Andrade for being with Charlotte, that they don't see him as "important" enough to be her boyfriend/husband/eventually baby daddy. 

He got Sam Houston'd. Fuck...it was even another second generation, very tall blonde woman.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I don't think we can put it past people in this company to punish Andrade for being with Charlotte, that they don't see him as "important" enough to be her boyfriend/husband/eventually baby daddy. 

Well seeing that its literally nothing but supposition on here I think we probably can put it past them for now. I think @usernamehit the nail on the head with their loss of interest in him coming from when he pissed hot. His booking wasn't great, but that is definitely when they started to seem down on him.