DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

Logistics?

Edited by AxB
I love it when you make a direct reply to the previous post and then it turns into the first post on a new page, so the context is lost compleltly. I also like writing really long things in here, to see what the character limit is. I'm sure there is one.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

My only very, very, very, minor complaint about masks is that my glasses fog so I've started wearing contacts more often which leads to me touching my eyes more. 

But, aside from getting COVID after spending Christmas with my mom (which sucked and I'm even more fanatical with taking steps to limit exposure now), I haven't gotten sick this entire time which is amazing. I'm usually good for a few colds during the winter.

I haven't been ill either, but I'm one of those people who never gets ill to begin with. Been working (essential retail) the whole way through, and didn't start wearing a mask until the UK Government made them mandatory. Strongly suspect I've been asymptomatically positive at least once.

So AEW's Dark Elevation show is one Mondays, for an hour, an hour before RAW starts, correct? Will Vince try to move his show an hour forward as a countermeasure? 

Edited by AxB
Or will he just go to Four Hours?

6 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

My only very, very, very, minor complaint about masks is that my glasses fog so I've started wearing contacts more often which leads to me touching my eyes more. 

But, aside from getting COVID after spending Christmas with my mom (which sucked and I'm even more fanatical with taking steps to limit exposure now), I haven't gotten sick this entire time which is amazing. I'm usually good for a few colds during the winter.

My glasses don't fog as much in the colder weather.

However, when masks became mandatory here in Arkansas, it was like 80+ degrees here everyday. Then spring turned into summer. It was a bitch. The fix was just wearing different ones until I find one that doesn't cause as much or none at all.

I've stopped wearing my glasses for long stretches due to mask fogging, which led to me leaving them at work once and some dipshit destroyed them, so I'm using an old pair for another couple of weeks. 

Da Big Homie music video. When the fuck did he throw Shane into the Raw entrance truss? The Mankind toss from the stage into the grave is a classic bit and him choke slamming Angle off that platform is one of my favourite goofball WWE spots because of Angle's positioning on the ground. Great vid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

Perils of glasses wearers, the fog. I'm like Mr. Magoo without my glasses and I wouldn't be able to fit contacts with the CP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

My glasses don't fog as much in the colder weather.

However, when masks became mandatory here in Arkansas, it was like 80+ degrees here everyday. Then spring turned into summer. It was a bitch. The fix was just wearing different ones until I find one that doesn't cause as much or none at all.

I managed to find ones where I can put my glasses over them and still be protected which is nice.

And that's a wonderful Big Show video that unfortunately can't officially be used. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I managed to find ones where I can put my glasses over them and still be protected which is nice.

And that's a wonderful Big Show video that unfortunately can't officially be used. 

That's how I wear mine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Re: today's announcement. Is there anything other than common sense and simple human decency stopping WWE from running a huge stadium in Texas tomorrow?

Technically the mandate goes into effect next Wednesday March 10th for the state of TX

My family in Bexar County were going nuts about Spurs allowing fans back soon and then this announcement came out today so I'm guessing that Spurs higher ups had a heads up that led to their teaser about fans?

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wrestling for Women's Charity In Any Form is what's REALLY fake. That's like saying the Pope ain't Catholic. 

Yep a fed in MS has every show as a "benefit show" IE they get the venue for free the give 1 buck off each ticket sold to whoever the benefit is for.

Thankfully more and more places have learned they are getting scammed.

Won't name the fed,but they are the only MS based fed on FITE.

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wrestling for Women's Charity In Any Form is what's REALLY fake. That's like saying the Pope ain't Catholic. 

Some Catholics think he isn't, they're also completely out of their minds, but let's ignore that topic.

• Haha 2

Also, this exists.

Mochineko Hachiware BOX Tissue Case

Life Model Decoy Daryls do not include this feature, I don't recommend finding out.

hachiware | onsen neco | Flickr

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Also, this exists.

Mochineko Hachiware BOX Tissue Case

Life Model Decoy Daryls do not include this feature, I don't recommend finding out.

hachiware | onsen neco | Flickr

My wife has zero clue who HIromu or Daryl are, but I can almost guarantee she would buy that because she would think it's weird, funny, and it's a cat.

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

Re: today's announcement. Is there anything other than common sense and simple human decency stopping WWE from running a huge stadium in Texas tomorrow?

Nobody has ever used "WWE" and "common sense and human decency" in a sentence.  Until the sentence starts with "WWE has no..."

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

A lot of states have been open for a long time. The fact that they haven't run a full crowd in Florida yet is them showing uncommon restrain, to be honest.  

• Like 1