DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

38 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I recognized Joyce Meyers' name from her shitty overnight infomercials last decade. 

One of the worst things about this (and WOW there are many) is that Joey Ryan will probably turn around and use this outrage for his BS lawsuits, going "See?! Blackballed!" 

Good on TK for that one.

I see no issue with Ryan's punk ass being blackballed and I wish the worst for the fucker.  Only way for the show to not be an issue is if turns out somebody not associated with Joey bought Bar Wrestling and is trying to salvage things.

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Add Sarah Logan's name to the anti-masker community ?

The unfortunate thing about social media is finding out somebody that you liked ends up being a shithead.  Best wishes to her and Raymond on their baby but hopefully common sense returns to her at some point in her life.

• Like 3

NWA is returning - https://apnews.com/article/billy-corgan-music-wrestling-ric-flair-coronavirus-pandemic-0db57bbf1440b56b13e47abcaf173f52

The frontman is set to relaunch the National Wrestling Alliance with a March 21 pay-per-view titled “ Back For The Attack ” that will stream on FITE. The NWA will then resume its schedule of “NWA POWERRR” each Tuesday at 6:05 p.m. starting March 23 and available on FITE via a low-cost subscription bundle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So we originally thought that WrestleMania being two nights this year was a way to combat the glut of indie wrestling shows that weekend.  Well since it hasn't worked I guess their new strategy is STILL not having information about tickets.   It is a month away.   At this point I expect the policy will be show up with $150 on Saturday and Sunday and first 30,000 can get in to the stadium

Better would be no assigned seats with the pre-show being real fights for first row seats. Seeing Ellsworth-guy (the guy who always sits in the front row (both at WWE and AEW PPVs) on the hard camera view side, who looks a bit like James Ellsworth and always wears the same green smiley shirt) getting beat up and having to settle for general admission seats might be worth the 9.99 a month alone.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

"Everybody booked was fully aware of all details" is a nice attempt to get as many people as possible under that bus.

Wow. That statement. Man...fuck them.

• Like 5

"He assumed Janela" is up there with "Johnny Ace hired the wrong one legged guy" what a clown show

Edit: @NikoBaltimorejust in case there was any confusion I fully support his blackballing. That guy should never do anything again. I was just saying he'll likely use this to bolster his court arguments, that's all. I don't support or agree or play that shit in any form or fashion

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently NXT is moving to Tuesdays in April. According to what some random newz account says is a reliable source.

Waitaminute, I thought D.Z. said it was brilliant NXT was impeding AEW's progress? You telling me getting cooked like rotisserie chicken in the ratings every week is not a good thing after all especially when themed shows using old WCW names (or IYH which is lol if you're not giving away a FUCKING house someone can resell) and short term solutions like having folks from the main roster shows stopped working? Hmmm.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Waitaminute, I thought D.Z. said it was brilliant NXT was impeding AEW's progress?

I don't recall him or anyone saying this was a good idea. D.Z. always seemed pretty neutral.