DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

I'm amazed that I've lived through this kind of progress in wrestling:

• When I was a kid: outsider calls wrestling fake.  Wrestler beats outsider up to "protect the business."
  • Now I'm an adult: outsider calls wrestling fake.  Wrestler goes on social media to talk about how difficult it is to be a wrestler while admitting it's fake.

I'm not saying Orton should go beat Soulja Boy up.  That's stupid.  At the same time, you work in an industry that lied about its true nature long past the time where anyone with a few working brain cells knew the truth, so much so that the mainstream considers it a joke and many normal people who like it are afraid to admit it in polite company.  So don't get all pissy when someone uses your business as shorthand for "fake."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

I wouldn't call McAfee a celebrity. Ex athlete? Sure. Media personality? Sure. But not a celebrity.

McAfee strikes me as a friend of a friend who tags along on a group trip, and is pretty cool the first two days, but by Sunday morning you wanna murder him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Between this and "our broadcast partner fucked up so I'm putting it all on Youtube for free fuck you," TK is the hero we deserve.

Perhaps Tony shouldn’t be donating to this after all. What a shit show. 

• Like 5

I recognized Joyce Meyers' name from her shitty overnight infomercials last decade. 

One of the worst things about this (and WOW there are many) is that Joey Ryan will probably turn around and use this outrage for his BS lawsuits, going "See?! Blackballed!" 

Good on TK for that one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I recognized Joyce Meyers' name from her shitty overnight infomercials last decade. 

One of the worst things about this (and WOW there are many) is that Joey Ryan will probably turn around and use this outrage for his BS lawsuits, going "See?! Blackballed!" 

Good on TK for that one.

Joey going evangelical would be a logical next step since "scammy wrestling school" is probably no longer available to him as a post-career grift.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Add Sarah Logan's name to the anti-masker community ?

Sadly unsurprising given her other recent twitter complaints from what I recall

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Add Sarah Logan's name to the anti-masker community ?

Yeah. Saw that earlier. That's disappointing.

IT'S A FUCKING MASK. WEAR ONE, YOU FUCKS. IF A MOTHERFUCKER WITH COPD CAN WEAR ONE THEN YOUR BITCH ASS CAN TOO. Fucking BABIES. Fuck em!

After COVID is over, I'm still wearing a mask to the store and other places. Aside from actually getting COVID, this is the longest I've gone without catching a cold and it's FUCKING WONDERFUL.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, COVID has made me realize that humans are fucking gross and if I'm in a grocery store or on an airplane or in a crowded space like a museum, I will wear a mask, even if it's not a n95 and thus gives me less protection than otherwise.

I haven't had a cold in over fifteen months. That's been nice. 

Anyway, I don't have time for a bunch of kids going I DON'T WANNA and throwing temper-tantrums about doing simple things. I also don't want to give these people my money if at all possible. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 5

So we originally thought that WrestleMania being two nights this year was a way to combat the glut of indie wrestling shows that weekend.  Well since it hasn't worked I guess their new strategy is STILL not having information about tickets.   It is a month away.   At this point I expect the policy will be show up with $150 on Saturday and Sunday and first 30,000 can get in to the stadium

• Haha 1