DVDVR Message Board

NJPW 49th Anniversary Show/New Japan Cup 2021/Sakura Genesis 2021.

The Natural

I guess the question to me is this switch more of an Evil title switch where the plan is just to make a main eventer moving forward or is this an Omega type switch where they plan on pushing Will as a tippy-top guy and the focal point of the company moving forward. 

He's certainly an amazing generational talent so him getting an extended run and carrying it to the Dome isn't a bad idea. 

Will Ospreay wants to make the IWGP World the stongrest belt,  instead of dividing it. He mentioned Stardom and Britain and Drew of WWE but those parts are just Kayfabe promo boasts.

Edited by D.Z

On 4/4/2021 at 3:09 PM, The Natural said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd have gone with Minoru Suzuki, Tomohiro Ishii, Hiromu Takahashi if he wasn't injured or Shingo Takagi over Will Fuckin' Ospreay.

I also forgot Zack Sabre Jr and Jay White.

I’m cool with it. Elevate dudes. This makes Cobb and O-Khan look good too. Maybe Shingo gets a title shot. Maybe Hiromu.

I’ve been down on Ibushi lately. Don’t know why, but I’ve been pretty disconnected from his matches lately.

I really enjoyed Ospreay v. Okada from WK. Maybe this goes somewhere fun. 

Amazing to think that Ospreay and Ricochet were pretty much in the same spot a few years back and now look at where they are now. 

I also have a somewhat hard time getting into Ibushi's matches. I don't know what it is or why it is, but I'm kinda numb to them. He's a fantastic wrestler, easily one of the best in the world, but I only ever get into his matches when he turns into Murder Ibushi.

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I also have a somewhat hard time getting into Ibushi's matches. I don't know what it is or why it is, but I'm kinda numb to them. He's a fantastic wrestler, easily one of the best in the world, but I only ever get into his matches when he turns into Murder Ibushi.

Murder Ibushi is the best version of Kota. You need to check out if you haven't seen Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi in the G1 Climax 28 Finals when he turns into that and somehow Tanahashi pushed on through it in defiance. ***** match. Kota Ibushi's best ever match and one of Tana's as well, think of the ground that covers.

Edited by The Natural

I preferred murder Ibushi vs Jay White at WK15. I legitimately thought that match would end in ref stoppage when he was beating on White in the middle of the ring. 

At least Ibushi losing means I don't have to hear AEW fans fantasy booking Omega-Ibushi title vs title anymore. 

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

At least Ibushi losing means I don't have to hear AEW fans fantasy booking Omega-Ibushi title vs title anymore. 

At least there's that.  And thank God Omega's out of New Japan.  His AEW run has been insufferable.

• Like 1