DVDVR Message Board

SDL 26 FEB 2021: Roman Reigns is on Edge

Sex Machine Gun

I shan't post anything else until after the show is over, thought it'd be out of turn to start a thread as a new guy!

Reigns is on the mic to tell Edge to back out of the Wrestlemania match after campaigning for Edge to choose him. Sigh.

Now Bryan's out there to interrupt and I'm afraid the night is going to end with him seeing his own innards. 

I was excited for the Crews stuff until I realized WWE has no ability to handle anything with subtlety. He still closed strong with the grandfather quote, which they then hammered into our heads several more times. 

This Reginald shit needs to have a point because it smacks of Ellsworth being involved in MITB several years ago, diverting attention from the women who should be the focus. Christ, Carmella was involved in that too. Did Carmella even appear onscreen tonight? The fuck is Reginald doing around if not?

The main event was fun. The ending is curious. I never thought we'd get a tag match with Edge/Bryan against Reigns/Uso but maybe we'll get a triple threat at Fastlane. I hope it doesn't mean blowing up the Reigns/Uso dynamic unless it's to make Reigns look all alone and helpless against Edge at WM, only to win and finally get MADE. When is Jimmy Uso supposed to be back?

We still don't know why Reginald is involved.  My best guess is he wanted Bianca to choose Asuka so that Carmella could challenge Sasha?  but he may also just be trying to get hired (and help as Sasha turns heel?) 

Can't say the Apollo thing will go well...    he cut a good promo but doing an ADOS angle can only end badly here.. the writers are not good enough to do it and not be offensive. 

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh boy.  This has all kinds of potential (to go wrong)...

All that interesting history but why is it being used to get heat. On the other hand I'm glad they moved away from him being another smiling babyface 

Thought Apollo's promo was pretty good.

The Reginald stuff is just odd and unnecessary though it is nice to finally have Sasha/Bianca confirmed. I still feel waiting a month to make it official was moronic since it was so damn obvious they were heading that route

Tamina/Liv was quick and ok.

Heel Otis still feels wrong though I enjoyed Alpha Academy vs. Mysterios. 

Roman was good once again tonight. Loved seeing him and Bryan finally interact. Jey/Bryan at the end was good as well. 

Oh Talking Smack it was announced - Bryan vs. Jey Uso in a Steel Cage Match for next week

If Bryan wins he gets a title shot vs Reigns at Fastlane

If he loses he acknowledges Reigns a Tribal Chief, Best Wrestler Ever, etc. etc.

Allow me to blow your minds here...

So Jimmy Usso comes back to help Reigns retain at Fastlane. Edge s outnumbered 3-1. Obviously that pulls Christian into having his back. They talk about having someone to even the odds at Wrestlemania. Reigns & Usos out first. It's time for Edge to come out. The lights go off. All of sudden the stage is on fire. Then the best theme song of all time hits and The Brood rises out of the stage. Gangrel spits the blood into the air. Then you can go into Edge's normal music kicking in and the sides are even.

Tell me The Brood with a suppued up Wrestlemana entrance and Ganrel's music wouldn't get a big pop. I don't care if Gangrel in and of himself isn't seen as a big deal. That's a cool full circle moment that fits the current story. The Bloodline vs The Brood dawg, book that shit on the Smackdown after Mania as a one off too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh boy.  This has all kinds of potential (to go wrong)...

Listening to the crowd boo "I am a Real African-American" Apollo Crews is a Schrodinger's cat of uniqueness/non-uniqueness.

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe this could lead to a feud with Ghana/Boston native Kofi Kingston. 

Yeah, going by Wrestling's History, that's exactly where one would expect this to be going. Later, Crews would join New Day and probably later still, turn on them again.

19 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Allow me to blow your minds here...

So Jimmy Usso comes back to help Reigns retain at Fastlane. Edge s outnumbered 3-1. Obviously that pulls Christian into having his back. They talk about having someone to even the odds at Wrestlemania. Reigns & Usos out first. It's time for Edge to come out. The lights go off. All of sudden the stage is on fire. Then the best theme song of all time hits and The Brood rises out of the stage. Gangrel spits the blood into the air. Then you can go into Edge's normal music kicking in and the sides are even.

Tell me The Brood with a suppued up Wrestlemana entrance and Ganrel's music wouldn't get a big pop. I don't care if Gangrel in and of himself isn't seen as a big deal. That's a cool full circle moment that fits the current story. The Bloodline vs The Brood dawg, book that shit on the Smackdown after Mania as a one off too.

Although that sounds good...I think backing up Edge and Christian would be a great spot for a regular roster member to get the rub as a stand up babyface.

18 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Otis is Gable's what, fifth regular partner since moving up to the main roster? It almost makes sense as both guys were can't-miss prospects/teams had absolutely idiotic booking from the get go.

• Jason Jordan
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Bobby Roode
  • Otis

So 4 partners

21 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Although that sounds good...I think backing up Edge and Christian would be a great spot for a regular roster member to get the rub as a stand up babyface.

Yes, I agree. But in my jaded mind what's the point of wasting that spot on regular roster member? There won't be any follow up. There won't actually be any rub because it won't be referenced ever again. We know the drill. So like would it actually matter if Strowman or Big E or Ricochet or Adam Cole or Toni Storm or Malcom Bivens were in that spot??? How did it work out for Alex Riley managing Miz in the main event of a Wrestlemania? So to me, this spot makes way more sense for a nostalgia pop than say bringing Goldberg in for a match that fucking sucks. Ya know? But in a properly booked, well functioning company, you are 100% correct.

• Like 1