DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

I am giggling because my son and I had to spend 20 minutes filling in my wife on how various things were connected - the big reason being because she didn't watch Far From Home

• Haha 1

Twitter discussion about how Monica just basically disappeared after being the co-lead of an episode led me to realize that Monica's episode was a backdoor pilot, further expanding the television vocabulary of the series.

• Like 2

I really liked how things wrapped up, for the most part. We have Scarlet Witch coming into her own, a new/old Vision, Agatha still alive, a lead in to Secret Wars, etc. Truly the only thing that was a letdown was the bait and switch of Evan Peters Quicksilver, but at least we got a good boner joke out of it ?

More than anything, it makes me wanna see what's next - I think that's the ultimate victory of WandaVision. 

• Like 5

I definitely don't expect a season 2 since this episode's title was literally "Series Finale" lol.

Overall I really enjoyed it. I think I would have preferred to binge it all at once. Fans going crazy with theories that didn't happen took my enjoyment down a notch. Fox Quicksilver showing up seemed like a big deal at the end of that episode. But for now it's just a cute wink. Could mean more in the long run, but odds are 50/50 at best.

I'm all in on Scarlet Witch as a character now tho. Wanda & Pietro always felt a little less than in the MCU because they were essentially people as opposed to larger than life characters. But now I really dig the look she has, and her being setup as the heel / tweener / someone stirring the pot to tangle with Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange 2 should be subtitles Good Friends, Better enemies. Then Wanda could rip an old man's leg off and hit Doctor Strange with it.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
typos will be the death of me
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly didn't think they were going to tie it all off so cleanly. I'm happily surprised that they did. I guess I read too many comics in my life where one event is there to set up the next. We'll see how far she goes in Dr. Strange 2.

Enjoyed the finale. I thought it did a good job in tying most everything up while opening doors to other stories. Going off of that ending it seems obvious that Wanda is totally going to be at fault for whatever crazy shit goes down in the Madness of the Multiverse. That is where I assume we get the kids backs.

12 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Captain Marvel 2 is (currently) scheduled for November 2022, and Secret Invasion is in pre-production and is set for sometime in 2022. It seems likely Secret Invasion will be first, but I assumed the friend of her mom’s was Captain Marvel.

It was specifically a he that was mentioned. Was almost certainly a reference to Fury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I definitely don't expect a season 2 since this episode's title was literally "Series Finale" lol.

Overall I really enjoyed it. I think I would have preferred to binge it all at once. Fans going crazy with theories that didn't happen took my enjoyment down a notch. Fox Quicksilver showing up seemed like a big deal at the end of that episode. But for now it's just a cute wink. Could mean more in the long run, but odds are 50/50 at best.

I'm all in on Scarlet Witch as a character now tho. Wanda & Pietro always felt a little less than in the MCU because they were essentially people as opposed to larger than life characters. But now I really dig the look she has, and her being setup as the heel / tweener / someone stirring the pot to tangle with Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange 2 should be subtitles Good Friends, Better enemies. Then Wanda could rip an old man's leg off and hit Doctor Strange with it.

And the leg belongs to Forge and that’s how the X-men begin in the MCU

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Enjoyed the finale. I thought it did a good job in tying most everything up while opening doors to other stories. Going off of that ending it seems obvious that Wanda is totally going to be at fault for whatever crazy shit goes down in the Madness of the Multiverse. That is where I assume we get the kids backs.

It was specifically a he that was mentioned. Was almost certainly a reference to Fury.

Not so sure she will be the main cause, but we'll see. 

I don't think Marvel's use of Multiverse is going to be what everyone thinks its going to be. Case in point, all the predictions and "leaks" about the ending for this show were false.

I'm glad they didn't use this show to explain mutants or usher in mutants to the MCU. That's not how you do it and it would've been absurd.

I thought the finale, like the rest of the series, was kind of a mixed bag.  But I was on my way to being fairly happy with where they were leaving things until the “They’ll never know the sacrifice you made for them” line, which was a major crock of shit on a couple different levels and really left a sour taste in my mouth at the very end.  If “What is grief, if not love persevering” was some kind of apotheosis of Marvel’s ability to speak profound truth, this line was pretty much the exact opposite of that.  Wrongheaded in every way.  That moment when you realize the people writing the show didn’t really know what show they had written.

Like, it’s such a profoundly bad editorial spin (and make no mistake, that’s what is), it makes my annoyance that they brought Vision back and that they’re definitely bringing the kids back later (thus rendering this tremendous “sacrifice” completely meaningless in the long run, to boot) seem like small potatoes.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm glad they didn't use this show to explain mutants or usher in mutants to the MCU. That's not how you do it and it would've been absurd.

I'm not sure why anyone thought that this would be where they would introduce mutants. There is way too much work to be done to make that happen so soon and definitely not in a show that is a character piece on Wanda more than anything else.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Just to reiterate what I said when Evan Peters first showed up:  I don’t want Marvel to bring in anybody from the Fox X-Men cast.  They should start fresh.  So, on that level, I was relieved to find that he wasn’t even supposed to be Fox Quicksilver.

That said....that is a really fucking weird decision to cast him in this role, in retrospect.  Too cute for it’s own good.  Ultimately achieved nothing besides distracting from the story that they were actually telling.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m fine with everything ending the way it did except WHERE DID THE FUCKING BEEKEEPER GO?!?!?!

Was it not explained that the beekeeper was just a Sword operative trying to sneak in? Presumably he went off to keep some bees since that was now the character Wanda had in mind for him? 

The Ship of Theseus thing made me laugh, because it reminded me of the story of Trigger's broom in Only Fools and Horses. 

Finale worked really well in tying up the story in a satisfying way, yet I felt unsatisfied. But that's purely down to me following theories and wanting another "oh shit" moment, which could have easily detracted from the story they were telling in fairness. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch to think they’d introduce the concept of mutants in this series given it’s about Wanda, they revealed she was born with her powers, and cast someone from the X-Men to essentially play the same role.  I do think it’s a stretch they would have done much more than introduce the concept and maybe have a big cameo in a post-credits scene.

12 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Overall I really enjoyed it. I think I would have preferred to binge it all at once. Fans going crazy with theories that didn't happen took my enjoyment down a notch. 

Eh... I don't know. That is basically like saying "wrestling should occur only one day a year to prevent fantasy booking"

Wait... hold on... that actually sounds like an amazing idea

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They showed a lot of discipline in letting the last episode serve the needs of the show and not six other things.

I find Marvel's successes pretty funny. When will they ever fit in Wolverine if they have to do a Darcy and Woo show and something else with Agatha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MADCAP said:

I was excited to see my old high school friend make an appearance as the Skrull.  She’s been modeling in LA for years and caught her big break with this series. 

That's fucking AWESOME!!!

• Like 2

On 3/6/2021 at 12:11 AM, EVA said:

Just to reiterate what I said when Evan Peters first showed up:  I don’t want Marvel to bring in anybody from the Fox X-Men cast.  They should start fresh.  So, on that level, I was relieved to find that he wasn’t even supposed to be Fox Quicksilver.

That said....that is a really fucking weird decision to cast him in this role, in retrospect.  Too cute for it’s own good.  Ultimately achieved nothing besides distracting from the story that they were actually telling.

I think the worst thing about fake Pietro for me was his choice in baseball players.  I mean I'm an Orioles fan but a Chris Davis poster?  Yikes.

Anyway I did like the finale well enough.  It accomplished what it needed to to do to tie things up for now and it'll be interesting to see how things play out from here.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I think the worst thing about fake Pietro for me was his choice in baseball players.  I mean I'm an Orioles fan but a Chris Davis poster?  Yikes.

My favorite thing about the poster is how they changed the logo and wiped the uniform of any logos as to not have MLB licensing issues

• Like 1

Binged it. Mostly liked it. Totally bit on the Quicksilver thing.

So Monica presumably shows up in Captain Marvel 2, Wanda will be in Dr. Strange atMoM, White Vision is probably still out there somewhere (I guess it's possible he destroyed himself as an end to his programming needs, but I doubt it highly), and Agatha is at least there in the back pocket for some time down the road if not in Strange. I assume Darcy will be back for Thor, and Woo can show up anywhere.

Bring on Falcon and Winter Soldier.

• Like 6