DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

I get why this episode feels less than the other episodes, but to me, it also feels like a natural and proper conclusion to the story they’ve built.  It’s been about Wanda coping with her grief and loss all along, so the ending basically being her acceptance of who she is and what happened is really the only way it could have ended. It reminds me in a way of 

Spoiler

The Good Place

Spoiler

finale. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Q for those of you who watched Agents of Shield: does this look like the same Darkhold as that one?

Honestly I can't remember as I haven't seen Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 since it went out.

Agents of SHIELD had some really good moments, and even a few seasons that were good, but man was it fucking campy as shit. I mean, they literally wrote DARKHOLD on the book in some black metal font or whatever. C'mon. Just one more reason why most of the former Marvel TV shows need to be wiped from existence.

(inb4 @The Natural mentions how much he loves Charlie Cox's Daredevil ?)

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Agents of SHIELD had some really good moments, and even a few seasons that were good, but man was it fucking campy as shit. I mean, they literally wrote DARKHOLD on the book in some black metal font or whatever. C'mon. Just one more reason why most of the former Marvel TV shows need to be wiped from existence.

(inb4 @The Natural mentions how much he loves Charlie Cox's Daredevil ?)

Agents of SHIELD S4 was by far the best season of the show. Loved the Agents of HYDRA pod. I'll always take the opportunity to big up Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. That's one of the best comic book castings ever with Superman played by Christopher Reeve, Chris Evans as Captain America, Heath Ledger's Joker, Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark/Iron Man and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I get why this episode feels less than the other episodes, but to me, it also feels like a natural and proper conclusion to the story they’ve built.  It’s been about Wanda coping with her grief and loss all along, so the ending basically being her acceptance of who she is and what happened is really the only way it could have ended. It reminds me in a way of 

Hide contents

The Good Place

Reveal hidden contents

finale. 

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING

I really enjoyed the ending and looked at it in the same way. This was the main way for the series to end - with Wanda processing her grief and coming to terms with her loss.

Well, except when you're an all-powerful being who can maybe summon them back by using what you learn from the Darkhold.

AoS's Darkhold doesn't count, as I'm pretty sure it's on record that AoS is basically a "What If?" and out of continuity (as was done because Feige threw a shitfit when the AoS runners bitched about the movies not telling them what was going in).

For the finale, yeah, Agatha calling out Wanda's more powerful than Strange was neat, now it's whatever she's going to do in Multiverse.  

Construct Vision unlocking White Vision's memories is that quick path to Vision coming back for real.

I'm guessing the Skrull was talking about Fury when she mentioned a "friend of your mother's" to Monica.  So that would put Monica squarely in Secret War now, I guess.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm guessing the Skrull was talking about Fury when she mentioned a "friend of your mother's" to Monica.  So that would put Monica squarely in Secret War now, I guess.

Monica asked where the person is, and the Skrull pointed up - and for those of us that don't remember, Fury is in space with the Skrulls. So yeah, you're probably right. Doesn't Secret Invasion start filming soon, like this year? It's probably the same deal as WandaVision - is one big set-up for a movie, in this case, Captain Marvel 2.

• Like 1

Captain Marvel 2 is (currently) scheduled for November 2022, and Secret Invasion is in pre-production and is set for sometime in 2022. It seems likely Secret Invasion will be first, but I assumed the friend of her mom’s was Captain Marvel.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Captain Marvel 2 is (currently) scheduled for November 2022, and Secret Invasion is in pre-production and is set for sometime in 2022. It seems likely Secret Invasion will be first, but I assumed the friend of her mom’s was Captain Marvel.

Seems like if she was referring to Carol that Monica would nope the fuck outta there, since the implication has been that Monica doesn’t care for Carol.

But I guess it could be. I just assume it’s Fury because of the upcoming series and that Far From Home credit scene.

46 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I don't give a flying fuck about Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Ant-Man 3 or Captain Marvel 2. Fair play to those who do. Ant-Man and the Wasp was so slow going to me and Michelle Pfeiffer deserved better.

I understand that, but if Nexus Beings are really a thing, and Kang's showing up in Ant-Man 3, there's gotta be something more to that because Kang being a Nexus Being puts him even more of a mismatch over Scott.

• Like 1

No, and it's a weird thread to not tie up, but now it seems like it was just a plot device to get Woo over to Westview, which rolled everything else along (at least as far as drawing Darcy and Monica in, Heywood might've found it on his own.)

I can't remember if it was mentioned, but did Agatha show up after figuring out there was some super magical stuff going on, or did Wanda (or rather, Vision) happen to pick the one small town in NJ where a magic stealing ancient Witch lived?

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Ralph Bohner?

Probably not because Jimmy would have recognized him. Not that it seems important at this point, but I’m thinking it was probably Dottie, as her being in witness protection would explain why she wasn’t on the board when they were IDing people.

I feel like the series had a natural conclusion and ending. Introducing some of the characters leaks were talking about would've either been too much, wouldn't make sense, or would've been too problematic.

Plus, we got a full-on origin/establishing of Scarlet Witch, and she got a proper costume.

This at least gives me hope that Moon Knight will have a faithful costume in his series.

• Like 1