DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

53 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I have fond memories of Iron Fist being a show all about how Danny ruined everything for everyone around him like he was martial arts Homer Simpson or something..

The first, like, 15 minutes of the first episode were really good and made me think that maybe the reviews were wrong.  Then it all went downhill.

It didn't help that all the fight scenes looked like this:

ExemplaryPlaintiveIridescentshark-max-1m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The first, like, 15 minutes of the first episode were really good and made me think that maybe the reviews were wrong.  Then it all went downhill.

It didn't help that all the fight scenes looked like this:

ExemplaryPlaintiveIridescentshark-max-1m

Thank you! ?

Not gonna lie, I found the karate brawls from Cobra Kai had better choreography and action shots than what Iron Fist had

To this day I haven't seen Jessica Jones 2nd season, or any of Runaways/Cloak and Dagger/Inhumans (or the Xmen related series like Legion and Gifted i think was the name). If anyone did watch any of these in full or at least halfway, are any of them any good, even if they're not in canon?

Might correct that depending on how my next vacation goes ? 

I loved Luke Cage season 2, if that's the one with Bushmaster (fucking memory is wiped!) I thought it was a stronger season than the first one 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I had no idea until he showed up on Colbert last night that he was the doctor in Master and Commander. (Great role, btw)

Had to check which came first, Beautiful Mind or M&C (the former) 

6 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’ve heard Legion is good.

It was good. I stopped part way through season two. I should probably go back. 

As far as Noah Hawley FX shows go, Fargo's even better. Especially the first couple seasons. So if anyone goes back and enjoys Legion, I definitely recommend giving that a chance. Great casts, stylish, interesting power dynamics, very fun adaptation from a movie with a voice so specific it shouldn't work so well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

It was good. I stopped part way through season two. I should probably go back. 

As far as Noah Hawley FX shows go, Fargo's even better. Especially the first couple seasons. So if anyone goes back and enjoys Legion, I definitely recommend giving that a chance. Great casts, stylish, interesting power dynamics, very fun adaptation from a movie with a voice so specific it shouldn't work so well.

I love Legion and Fargo. Highly recommend both. 

• Like 2

The only Marvel tv show I haven't caught was Inhumans. Iron Fist S1 turning out how it did was enough for me to stay clear. 

1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

To this day I haven't seen Jessica Jones 2nd season, or any of Runaways/Cloak and Dagger/Inhumans (or the Xmen related series like Legion and Gifted i think was the name). If anyone did watch any of these in full or at least halfway, are any of them any good, even if they're not in canon?

JJ S2 had some strong episodes and moments, but was a noticeable step down from S1. S3 was better but still never approached S1 levels. I think the showrunner was a bit too focused on Patsy & Jerry.

Runaways was not downright garbage but it was never really good either. I never did finish S2 or catch S3.

Cloak and Dagger was just so-so.

Gifted was surprisingly solid though nothing amazing. Its felt like it could potentially fit into the world of Logan with the dystopian setup it had.

Legion was the best of the non Netflix shows. The first season was fantastic. S2 was pretty good though it had its head up its ass a tad and ends in a way that was kind of damaging to S3. Saying that, S3 was also still good. Its worth catching. 

1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

I loved Luke Cage season 2, if that's the one with Bushmaster (fucking memory is wiped!) I thought it was a stronger season than the first one 

You remember correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I was really excited about Inhumans based on some of the casting choices but man did they mess that up.

Yeah I was kind of pissed I had to skip Inhumans because the cast seemed pretty solid, but I knew there was nothing they could do with that showrunner.

Legion ran so that WandaVision could take shambling baby steps towards being a “weird” comic book show.  If you like the oddness of early-season WV, you should definitely check out Legion.  First season is an all-timer.  I loved the whole show, but most people discover the limits of their tolerance at some point in the latter two seasons.

• Like 4

WandaVision Ep9:

Two minutes in my bloody internet died. Jesus the last few minutes are very emotional making me weep as Wanda reverts Westview back to what it was saying goodbye to Vision and her kids. White Vision is loose as Vision freed him saying he and I are both the Vision. There's a philosophy talk between the two. Figured that would happen to allow a Vision to be there for storyline purposes and keep the character going. Cool seeing the Scarlet Witch unleashed in her new getup. There's a mid and post credits scene. Have to say this was one of my least favourite episodes though. Probably my least favourite. Shame that as it was the last.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Yeah, this was really just your typical big, dumb action finale. Eh. 

Rest was great, though. 

Yeah, I thought it was a disappointment barring the last couple of minutes as Wanda says her byes to Westview, Vision and their kids. Episode felt rushed as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1

I wonder if Wanda moved close to Wundagore Mountain. Connections to Rocket Raccoon and Black Knight exist there, as well (and Spider-Woman if they want to go there). Was Billy & Tommy screaming for help a memory, or was she seeing/hearing them in the multiverse somewhere? I really think this is how we get mutants, too.

She's more powerful than Dr. Strange confirmed. I wouldn't doubt if they go into how she's a Nexus being in that movie.

But what I'm most pleased with is the epic fucking trolling of Evan Peters' character. He's not MCU or Fox Quicksilver... he's RALPH BOHNER. I love it. Let me drink all the tears of fans on the internet that will be upset about this (and believe me, they are).

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

People on the internet. Stop listening to actors. It's literally their jobs to lie to you. They get paid to lie.

Reveal hidden contents

It was Paul all along. 

Spoiler

I didn't do anything!

;).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

People on the internet. Stop listening to actors. It's literally their jobs to lie to you. They get paid to lie.

Reveal hidden contents

It was Paul all along. 

In hindsight (and really at the time too), it makes sense that he was trolling people as there’s no way MCU/Feige would be ok with him teasing a real huge spoiler.

• Like 1