DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

I can't see it being more than a limited series (because Vision isn't going to survive the finale, mark my words damnit!), and the same goes for Falcon & Winter Soldier. I'm pretty sure Loki is getting a second season, and stuff like Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel etc seem primed to be multiple season shows in my mind.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I can't see it being more than a limited series (because Vision isn't going to survive the finale, mark my words damnit!), and the same goes for Falcon & Winter Soldier. I'm pretty sure Loki is getting a second season, and stuff like Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel etc seem primed to be multiple season shows in my mind.

Season 2 could grant @Bustronaut's wish with Mojo.

That was a side conversation from a few weeks ago and a hope that it'd be the secret villain reveal. I'm not sure if they could go the sitcom route again unless they remixed it and had tropes crashing into one another.  They could definitely do something like the evolution of cop shows or Sci Fi shows or something else though.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Olsen has a better chance at an Emmy than you'd usually see for a Superhero show just because this is a TV show about TV shows and that's usually looked upon quite favorably by the Academy.

43 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Feige seemed to indicate that some of the Disney+ shows could have second seasons, but that WandaVision was really meant to lead into Dr Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3. He didn't say it was completely off the table given its success though.

I tried to find this interview (I think I saw it on either Gizmodo or AV Club), but he said they’d be looking at what shows naturally build/lead to a second season the way WandaVision is naturally building to Dr. Strange 2.  This was in context of talking about Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk, IIRC.

My gut is if there is a sequel to WandaVision, it won’t be called “WandaVision,” as it’d be a pretty different show for obvious reasons.

I could definitely see Falcon and the Winter Soldier getting more than one season. That type of series seems primed for multiple seasons. It's just going to be their version of Jack Ryan or whatever similar thing you want to compare it to.

Wandavision has to be one and done. The only thing I don't quite get is how Wandavision is supposed to lead into Spider-Man No Way Home. I know we were thinking No Way Home would be some kinda of Spider-Verse type thing, but now it doesn't appear that it will be that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I could definitely see Falcon and the Winter Soldier getting more than one season. That type of series seems primed for multiple seasons. It's just going to be their version of Jack Ryan or whatever similar thing you want to compare it to.

Wandavision has to be one and done. The only thing I don't quite get is how Wandavision is supposed to lead into Spider-Man No Way Home. I know we were thinking No Way Home would be some kinda of Spider-Verse type thing, but now it doesn't appear that it will be that.

Is this something new?

Unfortunately Mojo wouldn't work for a sequel series, because it'd just be a rehash of the first season.  Unless Mojo I'd the Big Bad behind the entire slate of D+MCU serieses to be revealed at the end of 2022, leading into the X-Men coming in because he's bored with the shows/mcu movies now.

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I tried to find this interview (I think I saw it on either Gizmodo or AV Club), but he said they’d be looking at what shows naturally build/lead to a second season the way WandaVision is naturally building to Dr. Strange 2.  This was in context of talking about Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk, IIRC.

My gut is if there is a sequel to WandaVision, it won’t be called “WandaVision,” as it’d be a pretty different show for obvious reasons.

The Vision Wanda created gets smoked by White Vision, Wanda gets re-re-re-traumatized, boom: new hex

WandaVision 2: I Guess We'll Do Movies This Time? premiering on Disney Plus Spring 2023.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Casey said:

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I feel this could go either way in getting a second season or continuing on in the movies after Sam takes the Cap role officially.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Lately when I see the term "WandaVision," in my head I sing it with the same cadence as the 70s Wonder Woman show theme.  I'm sorry.

You absolutely weren't the only one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was thinking where I'd place WandaVision among the Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe TV shows I've seen. Off the top of my head:

14. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5.

13. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6.

12. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3.

11. The Defenders.

10. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2.

9. Daredevil Season 2.

8. Agent Carter Season 2.

7. Jessica Jones Season 1.

6. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1.

5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4.

4. Agent Carter Season 1.

3. WandaVision.

2. Daredevil Season 3.

1. Daredevil Season 1.

It's so close between DD S1 and DD S3. I go further still saying these are #1 and #2 in the whole MCU and #1-2 live action Marvel's ever had. Love them. WandaVision is so different which helps it stand out but I feel will hinder other MCU shows to come having to follow its USP. Agent Carter S1 is terrific with more of the titular character, her interactions with Edwin Jarvis along with young Howard Stark back with the Howling Commandos. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 is by far the best from it especially the Agents of HYDRA pod. Aida was a great baddie.

I'm that rare person who enjoys Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S1 more than everybody, who didn't have a problem with the first half before THAT tie-in to Captain America: The Winter Soldier episode. I argue it has the two best episodes in the history of the show with that as #1 and the season finale #2. Still need to see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 7. 

Jessica Jones S1 needed trimming by a couple of episodes. Agent Carter S2 was a sizeable step down from its predecessor. Ditto for Daredevil S2. Liked Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S2 with the Diviner. The Defenders was disappointing. Did get amusement with how DD, JJ and Luke Cage shit on Iron Fist. S3's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was good highlighted by 4,722 Hours. Glad we got rid of Lance Hunter. S6 was also good with more Enoch and shorter length. Didn't care for the space element in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D hence why it's bottom of my Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe countdown. Still need to see the final season, S7 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I thought the first half of Defenders (basically through the Chinese restaurant) was as good as anything Marvel did on Netflix and the rest was just the drizzling shits.

• Like 1

I never did watch the second seasons of Luke Cage or Jennifer Jones.  I guess I should do that sometime.

I also never watched the second season of Iron Fist, but I'm good with that.

Dipped out on the Netflix shows after Daredevil season two. Got the idea that I was going to keep finding the shows a little too padded out, and reading a couple so-so reviews of Luke Cage didn't make me feel compelled to keep going. I did skip to the tracking action scene for the third Daredevil season and a few action scenes in the Punisher series. Good stuff, but I wasn't going to sit through that much TV I knew I wouldn't enjoy that much just to get to them. 

Praise for Cox, D'Onofiro, and Ritter is well-earned. Wouldn't mind seeing any of them reprise those roles. 

• Like 1