DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

Absolutely loved the latest episode. It was heavy with us finally getting see what makes Wanda herself along with how she broke down and took over Westview. I am curious as to what Agatha's goals are beyond finding out why Wanda was so powerful. Hayward's white Vision is interesting. During that look into Wanda's visit to SWORD it was obvious he was trying to manipulate her due to their failure in powering up SWORD's Vision. I'm kind of wondering if Hayward is actually Hayward. Knowing Secret Invasion is coming already has me paranoid on characters being Skrulls. Wanda seeing the Scarlet Witch version of herself when the Infinity stone empowered her was neat.

Still don't think Bettany was being cheeky about the actor he wanted to work with unless he confirmed it himself already. I also don't think the big surprise will be Strange. We have known he would be involved on some level since they said back when Phase 4 was revealed that Wandavision would tie into Dr. Strange 2. Fietro being a combo of the MCU & Fox versions is still unexplained as well. 

I still don't think this is where we get mutants. That just seems like something they are saving for Dr. Strange although I do think we will get a hint of one by the end the next episode a least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Speculation RE Vision:

Reveal hidden contents

Wanda's Vision will merge with Hayward's and end up looking more like his comic costume (as seen in the Halloween episode)

Spoiler

I think that'll happen.

Hope you're well, @Bustronaut.

Edited by The Natural

14 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Speculation RE Vision:

Hide contents

Wanda's Vision will merge with Hayward's and end up looking more like his comic costume (as seen in the Halloween episode)

Spoiler

Why would merging the two make him look more like his Halloween costume? 

Edited by TheVileOne

It's a spoiler thread, don't need to hide stuff anymore...

I actually wonder how much White Vision will be involved, for now. Hayward's main concern was getting Wanda to power his weapon. He's succeeded so who's to say he doesn't fuck right off out of New Jersey? 

I'm assuming things won't be quite wrapped up with a bow by the end of the finale. 

I just read a theory that Vision bought the lot in Westview because it was a nice little town, but it looked so depressing when Wanda drove through it because it was devastated by the Snap.  It isn’t something they will likely address, but it makes perfect sense and is now head canon for me.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Have you watched the latest episode yet?

I thought it was somewhat obvious that Mark doesn't watch this these things, but comments on them anyway. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I just read a theory that Vision bought the lot in Westview because it was a nice little town, but it looked so depressing when Wanda drive through it because it was devastated by the Snap.  It isn’t something they will likely address, but it makes perfect sense and is now head canon for me.

I thought that was obvious, hence why the foundation was built and stopped before even pouring the slab. Everything stopped and things haven't totally restarted yet. 

11 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Speculation RE Vision:

Reveal hidden contents

I am deeply concerned that the ending is going to be Wanda merging her spiritual Vision with SWORD’s corporeal Vision so that he can live outside the Hex again.  That would just be the worst bullshit.  My faith in the show has really dipped in the last couple of episodes, and I’m definitely in the headspace where I can easily imagine them copping out and doing the Super Happy Ending.

Edited by EVA

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I thought it was somewhat obvious that Mark doesn't watch this these things, but comments on them anyway. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get. 

I am waiting until the end so I maximize the most of a brief D+ sub and not pay for multiple months (or borrow someone's account).

(If you notice, I generally try to coment on the show on a macro level, not a micro level, unless it's to provide comics references.) 

11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

[spoiler]Why would merging the two make him look more like his Halloween costume? [/spoiler]

Just a reminder that spoiler tags are no longer supported by the board and if you need to put something in boxes you gotta use the eyeball at the top of the post box

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I am deeply concerned that the ending is going to be Wanda merging her spiritual Vision with SWORD’s corporeal Vision so that he can live outside the Hex again.  That would just be the worst bullshit.  My faith in the show has really dipped in the last couple of episodes, and I’m definitely in the headspace where I can easily imagine them copping out and doing the Super Happy Ending.

I’m curious why you think it would be the worst bullshit.  I don’t necessarily disagree that it could feel like a cop out, depending on how it’s handled/explained, but I also think they’ve laid enough groundwork that it could work.  Wanda’s powers were augmented/affected by the mind gem; Vision is Vision because of the mind gem. White Vision is Vision’s actual body, and while we don’t know exactly how Wanda-Vision was created, based on the orange/yellow color of the magic when he was formed, as opposed to the red magic affecting the rest of the town, it’s likely he was formed, to some extent, with the mind gem’s power.  They’ve laid as much groundwork as possible, I think. I don’t think that’s the direction they’re going in, especially given what this is supposed to lead into, but the reason people seem to think that’s where it is going is because they’ve actually laid sufficient groundwork.

I figure y’all will get a kick out of this.  My 6 yr old tricked my wife into letting her watch the first several episodes of WandaVision, so I was trying to give her (very high level) background info on what happened in Infinity War/Endgame with the snap and such. When I explained that the people who disappeared came back five years later in the same place they were when they disappeared, she immediately asked, “But what would happen if they built a city or something where the person was?!?” 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I figure y’all will get a kick out of this.  My 6 yr old tricked my wife into letting her watch the first several episodes of WandaVision, so I was trying to give her (very high level) background info on what happened in Infinity War/Endgame with the snap and such. When I explained that the people who disappeared came back five years later in the same place they were when they disappeared, she immediately asked, “But what would happen if they built a city or something where the person was?!?” 

Wait.... you just let her jump to the end without going through the entire MCU first? I spent months watching my now eight year old as she got closer and closer to the snap and the “on your left” and you just exposition it to your kid so she can watch happy fun sitcom time? Get your household under control, good sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5