DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

Is that from an actual trailer or based on the supposed leaks?

Only reason I ask is the only "trailer" I could find is from a site that does it's own "fan made trailers"

Now the supposed leaks lineup with what you have - at least in the first box - again who knows?

That's such a huge spoiler that it would be almost insane if they put it on one of their official trailers.  I'm not saying it can't happen due to them maybe wanting to keep people subbed to Disney+  But it's something that would be very unnecessary to me.

5 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

I... actually don't know? The amount of effort needed to fake something like that seems too much for me to fathom, but it;s not up on any of the official Disney YT channels.

It's fake. The guy based Magneto off of Daniel Craig, and it's entirely CGI. I mean entirely computer generated. He went into detail about it on his Twitter.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 11:09 AM, Bustronaut said:

I watched the trailer for Episode Seven and they spoiled the major guest star!

Reveal hidden contents

This is really a big thing, so I'mma double wrap this

Reveal hidden contents

Ian McKellan as Magneto AND

Reveal hidden contents

Magneto is responsible for Vision's death, not Thanos

EuR4x3YXAAUGlTF?format=jpg&name=900x900

EuR4x3XWQAAVocY?format=jpg&name=900x900

I don't want to pile on, but how in the world could this have fooled anyone? That's clearly not Paul Bettany as Vision, it's just a generic CGI face.

When it was first leaked, all it was was a single frame shot of Daniel Craig as Magneto (complete with watermarks on the pic), it wasn't the full clip or anything. I was fooled by it for a few days until the guy came forward and said it was just him fucking around, doing CGI stuff, and he posted the full clip.

I'll admit that I'm looking forward to the rest of the year and all of us following these shows week to week. I can think of Game of Thrones and Lost as the same sort of weekly engagement threads here and not a whole lot else. It's not the same with a movie.

• Like 4

I usually never watch anything live so it's fun to be part of a zeitgeist for once.

E: Good Morning America had a clip from episode 7 this morning:

Spoiler

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'll admit that I'm looking forward to the rest of the year and all of us following these shows week to week. I can think of Game of Thrones and Lost as the same sort of weekly engagement threads here and not a whole lot else. It's not the same with a movie.

I think The Walking Dead and Mr Robot had threads that generated a pretty decent amount of activity after each episode. But I don't care for either show and wasn't in there following along, so I may be misremembering. Better Call Saul has reached the point where it gets decent engagement when it's in season, but nothing like this obviously. It's not nearly as widely watched as a Marvel show and there's far less that people can latch onto and drill down on. Game of Thrones and Lost are definitely the best parallels. Lost in particular was the perfect message board show to come along at the perfect time for message boards. 

WandaVision Ep7 talk.

Before I start, my internet connection shit the bed 20 minutes before the episode went out but I was able to get it working:

Spoiler

Good episode but I feel this and the last are a step down from #3-5. I'd say episode five is the best of the seven followed by episode four. WandaVision may have peaked a tad too soon. As for today's, Monica entered Westview again as things are disappearing/reappearing. Highlight of the episode is the all too short interactions between Vision and Darcy as she fills him in fully that he died twice but Wanda's love for him is genuine.

Agnes takes the twins to her place, Wanda can't find them. Agnes directs her to the basement revealing she's Agatha Harkness and we get a fun musicial song showing what Agatha Harkness has done to events in Westview. Agatha killed Sparky too, the bitch! I won't tag Craig H as he hasn't seen it yet but knowing how much he likes Kathryn Hahn, he'll get a kick out of that musical ditty.

I'll put the following in bold...

There's an end credits scene. First time for WandaVision. I won't spoil it for those who bail early on.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Episode 7 commercial spoiler (+ some thoughts):

Spoiler

While the meaning behind the commercial is pretty much thrown in your face by the narrator - Wanda, in the comics, is a Nexus being. Meaning she's the same Wanda in all multiverses. Guess who monitors Nexus beings? The Time Variance Authority, as seen in the Loki trailer. Kang the Conqueror, Franklin Richards and Vision are also Nexus beings. Jean Grey is too, but I doubt we get to see her anytime soon. Kang is already confirmed, so there's your link to Loki (and eventually Ant-Man).

I'm almost positive that this version of Quicksilver isn't Quicksilver at all, be it MCU or Fox, and Evan Peters is probably playing the person that's in cahoots with Agatha.

"Don’t believe anything that man says. He is not your uncle."

Also: the way they focused on the rabbit and the fly in Agatha's house is interesting. I've seen two theories: one is that Tommy & Billy were turned into the rabbit and fly by Agatha, and the other is that, interestingly enough, Mephisto's first introduction in the comics was... as a fly.

Edited by Casey
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:
  Hide contents

That song is an absolute bop, isn't it? Kathryn Hahn is just killing it in this role, so deliciously OTT and full of winks (settle down etc) . "I actually did bite a kid once"

Spoiler

It really is. The music has been great in WandaVision. Meant to say that a lot sooner than I have.

It’s great having something to look forward to every week in WandaVision but there's the wait every week till the next one!

• Like 1