DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/24/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I thought I knew for sure who would win this but the more I think about it I'm not so sure.  My gut says it's Fenix that goes in.  Him in ladder matches is always exciting if not very scary with some of the moves he manages to pull off.  But then there's Penta in the match where they can play it as them teaming up until it's their time to duke it out.

On the other hand if you have Archer go in he can be the big guy that the others have to overcome.  There's still the Penta association with him helping Death Traingle but then again Penta might get annoyed and want revenge for Fenix losing.

Either way the match is going to be fun as hell and I can't wait to see how it plays out.  I also hooked up a soundbar I got the other day and can't wait to see how it sounds through that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Fenix should be kept out of that ladder match for his own good. 

By that logic, Fenix should be kept out of every match for his own good. I was thinking back to the tope suicida he busted out a couple weeks ago in that 6 man tag. He was going so fast that if there was no one there to catch him, he would have flown into the 3rd row.

I can't think of another wrestler who is as agile as Fenix and as completely dangerous and reckless to himself.

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By that logic, Fenix should be kept out of every match for his own good. I was thinking back to the tope suicida he busted out a couple weeks ago in that 6 man tag. He was going so fast that if there was no one there to catch him, he would have flown into the 3rd row.

Better be a good catch too, otherwise he's gonna keep going.

Spoiler

ElectricMealyAmethystinepython-max-1mb.g 

If he absolutely must be in this ladder match, I hope nobody gets the bright idea to add tables to the mix.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I like Fenix a lot. His stuff looks so good so often. But he does scare the shit out of me from time to time. 

42 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I can't think of another wrestler who is as agile as Fenix and as completely dangerous and reckless to himself.

Seriously!  Fenix could figure out a way to do something life threatening inside a bouncy house inside a rubber room.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Rest of the card -

EvAMnmmXYAU5tM6?format=jpg&name=large

This is interesting to me: No Bucks, no Cody, no Jericho, no Omega...

(Also: No King, no Dustin, no Jungle Boy, no OC...?)

Blonds, Cutler, Nemeth, all on the card.

Arguably, Fenix v Archer is your marquee matchup.

I'm still excited for this show, and I'd guess most of us here are.

But for the first time in a long time I'm genuinely curious to see the TV numbers for this week, with all the EVPs sitting out.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 1

Well, Fenix vs. Archer is the main event. I would hope it's the most marquee bout.

They tend to go conservative right before a PPV cause I'm guessing to ensure folks don't go in hurt. I don't think next week's card is going to be super loaded either.

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Fenix should be kept out of that ladder match for his own good. 

Watching Impact the last 3 weeks they have shown Fenix almost breaking his neck doing a Flux Capacitor off a ladder thru a table on the ramp against Ortiz. I love Fenix but I agree if he is in the match on PPV he going to do something insane to that match. 

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't think next week's card is going to be super loaded either.

Apparently, NBA star Shaquille O'Neal will make his AEW in-ring debut on the March 3 episode of AEW Dynamite. He is set to compete in a mixed tag team match alongside Jade Cargill against Red Velvet and Cody Rhodes.

It's gonna be the biggest match in the history of our business. Don't you dare miss it!

I don't mind a Lance Archer face-ish run (though it'd be nice if him or Jake Roberts got to talk more) but he's gotta figure out what he's doing and how that jibes with his presentation. JR's all "he's intimidating!" as Archer's walking around the ring in super smiley mode. He'll get booed against Fenix because, well, duh, you can't boo Fenix, but things are way too muddled on Archer's end.

And now Roberts is cheating to help him! Sigh.

EDIT: I'm okay with Archer as he is. He works as a tweener, for real. Smiles to start, tries to get Fenix's mask off late in the match for the advantage, good stuff. There was no way he lost this and I'm glad he's a proper wild card.

QUESTION: Why does Jake Roberts hang out on the ring level during the match in view of the hard camera? 

Edited by Sex Machine Gun
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

All's I know is that next week is being billed as "The Crossroads" but no one's said they're gonna miss anybody.

and presumably no one sells their soul to the devil for guitar playing abilities

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That Moxley promo was so good. 

Best Sting segment since his debut, too. Taz's kid does more selling than 99% of actual wrestlers these days so we know he's a Historic Wrestling Fan.

Nyla Rose is pretty fucking great.

Main event was honestly better than I expected even with that awful spanish fly spot.

• Like 3

I didn't pay much attention tonight but when I did I mostly saw silly stuff, like the Bucks' daddy doing a blade job, Baker wimpily tossing around trash cans, Fenix doing a Spanish Fly on a 300 lb. man... seriously dude, when you have a move called Rolling Thunder that looks dumber than Rob Van Dam's then you need to cut it out. 

Just now, EVA said:

Nyla beating Britt was...something.  Not really sure where this tournament is going now.

I was hoping for a Britt win and another Britt/Thunder Rosa match. At one point, I thought we'd be getting Nyla vs. Aja Kong in the finals. I'm pulling for Thunder Rosa vs. Yuka in the finals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Nyla beating Britt was...something.  Not really sure where this tournament is going now.

Yeah, that’s incredibly baffling. AEW just can’t seem to get out of its own way with some of the booking decisions.

You belt has consistently been outshined by another promotions on your own show because none of you champions have had mass appeal. You have got a highly entertaining heel character and they’re doing a slow burn or just have no plans to put the title on her.

I don’t get it. 

• Like 1