DVDVR Message Board

2021 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Tabe

I bought it because it was discounted down to $20 or something. I wanted some coop games to play with my daughter so I got that and It Takes Two.

Overcooked is fun, but holy shit is it fucking hard. 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

PGA Tour is the real deal. I bought it a year or so ago and I love it. Plus with the big user base folks have added a ton of courses. Only complaint is that you can only play with your MyPlayer and you can't scan your face in the game.

I really liked it too.  The MyPlayer is trash though, it gives you about 8 hair options.  I can't make anyone who looks anything close to myself.

9 hours ago, supremebve said:

I really liked it too.  The MyPlayer is trash though, it gives you about 8 hair options.  I can't make anyone who looks anything close to myself.

That's because you're one uniquely handsome mofo. 

12 hours ago, Casey said:

PS Plus' October games are likely Hell Let Loose (PS5), Mortal Kombat X and PGA Tour 2K21.

That's a loaded lineup. Makes me glad I didn't buy PGA from Humble Bundle. 

• Like 1

It's kind of boring, I guess, for me, since... well, Hell Let Loose definitely is not Call of Duty or anything. I played for an hour and a half maybe, and saw only one enemy. The map is MASSIVE. It's more team based, requiring you to actually communicate with your squad and set markers, etc. It's gorgeous, though. Mortal Kombat X is already in the PS Plus Collection for PS5 owners, and... I'm not into golf, but I'll claim it anyway just like I did with that tennis game. Because why not, it's "free".

On 9/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, Casey said:

PS Plus' October games are likely Hell Let Loose (PS5), Mortal Kombat X and PGA Tour 2K21.

Fuck. Yes. I nearly bought this a bunch of times on a whim just because I've had the itch to play a golf game again. This one is definitely getting installed. Plus, I think this one actually has Augusta in it and I think that got left out in other versions of the Golf Club or whatever this was called before 2K took it over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shane said:

The Steam version of Fire Pro Wrestling World is deeply discounted (80%) through 10/4. Base game is $5.99. The bundle with all the DLC packs is $18.80. 

Hell yes. I've had the base game since day one but then got the whole package on PS4 where I thought I'd play it far more. Now that the edit limitations have really slowed me down, I've been waiting for the whole shebang to go on deep discount. Just grabbed the DLC bundle - but that doesn't include Stardom. Luckily that separate pack is on sale for $7.99!

• 4 weeks later...

PS+ games for November are likely going to be:

• PS4/PS5: First Class Trouble
  • PS4/PS5: Knockout City
  • PS4: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
  • PSVR: The Walking Dead - Saints & Sinners

And two more (possibly PSVR) games, apparently.

Big ol' meh.

I'm amazed that Kingdoms of Amalur still kind of stays in the gaming community discussion/canon given the bizarre stuff like the Curt Schilling involvement.

Great for those that worked hard on making that game at least.