DVDVR Message Board

2021 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Tabe

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft officially announced a price increase for XBOX Live Gold memberships

1 month - $10.99 ($1 increase)

3 months - $29.99 ($5 increase)

6 months and 12 months will both be $59.99

(You might have to be grandfathered in for 12 months. Mine is renewing on Feb 1 and the email I got said I would get 12 months at 59.99 but the official Xbox statement only mentioned 6 months)

They all but said in the release that they would like to transfer people over to Game Pass (you can transfer your current Gold Membership to Game Pass Ultimate for no additional cost)

Well Microsoft came out and said they fucked up and will no longer be raising the prices

They also seemed to announce that Games With Gold will be available to everyone now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They also seemed to announce that Games With Gold will be available to everyone now

I didn't hear that, but they did announce that free-to-play games will be available to everyone and will not require am XBL Gold subscription.

That might be the same thing.  Not sure what Gold entitles you to.

10 hours ago, username said:

Dandara is free on PC next week as the Epic Games Store free game of the week, so kinda rough timing for Games With Gold on that one.

I hadn't heard much about that previously but I've looked into it a bit since it was announced and I'm looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I think its the same thing. The free to play titles had been under the "Games with Gold" banner so I am not sure if they are renaming that.

The way I read it was that stuff like Fortnite or Warzone or whatever would be free to everyone, not behind the multiplayer Xbox Live Gold barrier. Not that you now don't even need to pay Microsoft a monthly/yearly fee for the Games with Gold.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

PS Plus games are live now. Friendly reminder if you have a PS5 and are getting the Control Ultimate Edition: be sure to select the bundle that’s PS5 and not the PS4 bundle (obviously). Might be different on a web browser or the console, but it took me a minute to figure out which was which in the PS app since I’m at work and remotely downloading all of the games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

PS Plus games are live now. Friendly reminder if you have a PS5 and are getting the Control Ultimate Edition: be sure to select the bundle that’s PS5 and not the PS4 bundle (obviously). Might be different on a web browser or the console, but it took me a minute to figure out which was which in the PS app since I’m at work and remotely downloading all of the games.

Yeah the PS4 one is specifically labeled so on the app and seems to be the default selection. Pretty sure you can add both bundles to your library, right? Meanwhile, Japan doesn't get the PS4 bundle so they get Bloodstained instead - an option I wish we had since there's little chance I'm playing Control twice, even if I love it. 

58 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Meanwhile, Japan doesn't get the PS4 bundle so they get Bloodstained instead

so, uh... any work arounds for this? <_<

EDIT: Aw, son of a bitch. PS4 saves don't transfer over to PS5 for Control. That's okay I guess, I really love the aesthetic of the game and I wasn't THAT far into the game anyway.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, Raziel said:

PSN's running a "Retro and Remastered" sale.  Tons of shit that are remakes and/or "remasters" for low prices.  

I might finally get the MegaMan collection for $40.

Picked up the Castlevania Anniversary Collection for 5 bucks. Includes Castlevania 1, 2: Simon's Quest, & 3: Dracula's Curse from NES, Super Castlevania IV from SNES, Castlevania the Adventure & 2 Belmont's Revenge from Gameboy, Bloodlines from Genesis, and the Japan exclusive NES game Kid Dracula.

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Picked up the Castlevania Anniversary Collection for 5 bucks. Includes Castlevania 1, 2: Simon's Quest, & 3: Dracula's Curse from NES, Super Castlevania IV from SNES, Castlevania the Adventure & 2 Belmont's Revenge from Gameboy, Bloodlines from Genesis, and the Japan exclusive NES game Kid Dracula.

I picked up the Castlevania collection recently on the Switch sale a couple weeks back. 

Cool games mixed with some bad, but it's enjoyable. 

• Like 1