DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 10

RIPPA

That is as retarded as railing on someone for saying "we" or "us" when referring to a team.

Horrible nonsense.

You can't have two teams because one day they will play each other. At that point you're either a fan of one team, or you're neutral. Both make you an absolute shithouse of a fan. As reference by "The Bears losing sucked, but now I'm more of a Colts fan so that really sucked!"

Anyway enough of this shameful nonsense, let us dance

Well, not only did my two teams play each other, they did so in the Super Bowl, which was about the least exciting Super Bowl one could have been invested in. Alongside thinking one of your teams is going to win the Super Bowl, there's also the thought that one of them is going to lose, which sucks. Plus, you can't cheer either team on when you're with a group of people in that scenario, so you just have to sit on your hands and wait for the next time one of those teams makes it to the Super Bowl, and watch them get mindfucked on the 2nd half kick off because it was an onside kick.

Did you tuck your penis between our legs for the entire game?

Didn't have to, it pretty much crawled back into my body.

• Like 1

I will pour fire on everyone's hearts if the Dolphins lose today. 

No, my Cuddly One!  Fight the evil!  FIGHT TEH EVULLLL! :(

To hell with that...search your feelings Dolfan...embrace the hate 

Stop it! Can't you see he's in pain!  LEAVE DOLFAN ALONE!

*does shoo-away hands towards Shadow's avatar*

Growing up in Baltimore as a child I didn't have a team. I chose the Packers because I thought Brett Favre was cool and green was my favorite color.

I was 14 when the Ravens came to town. The Packers won the Superbowl that year. I wasn't going to ditch them but I still wanted to support the home team. They only play each other once every four years and when that happens I root for the Packers but I still am happy when the Ravens win.

I've got multiple teams, too.  The Lions are my first and favorite being the team of my hometown.  I've been a fan literally as long as I can remember back to the days of "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Another One Beats Our Butts", meeting Dexter Bussey and living 5 minutes from the Silverdome.  Can't imagine ever not being a Lions fans.  My second team is the Patriots.  They got me when they drafted Tom Brady.  You have a Michigan QB, good-looking uniforms, and aren't in the Lions division?  Chances are, I'm a fan.  3rd team, sort of, is the Seahawks.  I live in Washington now so I'll root for the local guys.  If they play the Lions or Pats, sorry, not going to root for them, but somebody else?  Yeah, I'll root for them.

Other than that, I'm a fan of players.  Steve Young, Andrew Luck, Kurt Warner, and so on.

As far as the NFL goes, 90% of the time I'm watching because I actually, you know, like football. People who turn off the playoffs when their team goes out of a sport are aliens to me.

Closest thing I have to a team is Green Bay, but even then, not really if you compare it to the amount I care about my local teams.