DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 43: Blaydes vs. Lewis (2/20/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

EtPUUJKVkAE5CdP.jpg?1612289884

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 43: Blaydes vs. Lewis 
February 20, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Curtis Blaydes (259) vs. Derrick Lewis (263) - Lewis, KO (punch), R2 (1:26)
Ketlen Vieira (138)*** vs. Yana Kunitskaya (135.5) - Kunitskaya, DEC (unanimous)
Charles Rosa (146) vs. Darrick Minner (146) - Minner, DEC (unanimous)
Oleksiy Oliynyk (240) vs. Chris Daukaus (234) - Daukaus, TKO (strikes), R1 (1:55)
Phil Hawes (185) vs. Nassourdine Imavov (185.5) - Hawes, DEC (majority)
Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs. Tom Aspinall (244.5) - Aspinall, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:09)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Jared Gordon (150)** vs. Danny Chavez (145) - Gordon, DEC (unanimous)
Eddie Wineland (135.5) vs. John Castañeda (136) - Castañeda, TKO (punches), R1 (4:44)    
Nate Landwehr (146) vs. Julian Erosa (145.5) - Erosa, TKO (strikes), R1 (0:56)
Shana Dobson (126) vs. Casey O'Neill (125.5) - O'Neill, TKO (punches), R2 (3:41)
Aiemann Zahabi (136) vs. Drako Rodriguez (140.5)* - Zahabi, KO (punch), R1 (3:05)    
Sergey Spivak (245) vs. Jared Vanderaa (265) - Spivak, TKO (punches), R2 (4:32)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight
**Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight
***Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Aiemann Zahabi
Performance of the Night: Tom Aspinall
Performance of the Night: Chris Daukaus
Performance of the Night: Derrick Lewis    

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Man Rafael Alves was SHREDDED when he weighed in....at 11.5 lbs over.

That 11 1/2 lbs was the biggest miss in UFC history (previous record holder was Anthony Johnson coming in 11 lbs over before UFC 142)

The best is - as I saw pointed out - he would have missed weight even if the fight was lightweight

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That 11 1/2 lbs was the biggest miss in UFC history (previous record holder was Anthony Johnson coming in 11 lbs over before UFC 142)

The best is - as I saw pointed out - he would have missed weight even if the fight was lightweight

And the crazy thing is the reason Belfort vs. Rumble happened after that big a miss was it was in Brazil before CABMMA was sorta held accountable.

You miss by that much in a state with a semi-reputable commission, the fight gets automatically cancelled.

6 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Man Rafael Alves was SHREDDED when he weighed in....at 11.5 lbs over.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Rumbleweight!

Missing weight that badly, should be cut.

Damn salmon...

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

You sure quick to ask for somebody to lose their job doing something that could be so hazardous to their health.

I stopped short of that because I feel like nowadays there seems to be a rash of fighters getting cut before they ever make their official UFC debut. I remember when like Mark Burch was one of the few fighters ever to be cut before he had a UFC fight. Now? One fuckup and you're gone. He's a Contender series guy so he'll likely get to make up for it.