Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW R-Evolution II - 3/7/2021


Recommended Posts

On 2/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, Technico Support said:

What is the problem with Riho's size?

There Is nothing wrong with Riho's size.  If you bought Rey Mysterio Jr. all of these years, you can give Riho a pass.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They've been really good at keeping this shit under wraps. I hope it's someone from Khan's OSW boy stable instead of a massive name just for how hard I'd laugh. It'd be terrible after five seconds but those five seconds would be tremendous. "Welcome to AEW... (drumroll) JUSTIN CREDIBLE!"

Quote

There Is nothing wrong with Riho's size.  If you bought Rey Mysterio Jr. all of these years, you can give Riho a pass.

I wouldn't mind her tiny stature if she was jacked at all but she doesn't look like she could really fight anyone. I want to believe but it's a big stretch whenever I watch her. At least Rey had some muscle even in his pre-WWE days.

Edited by Sex Machine Gun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the key word in the tweet being "worthy," I don't think it is anyone who is in any HoF yet (but dammit, he/ she should be..) and I don't think that the person who signed will be the sixth man in the ladder match.

 

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's confirmed. It's two individuals debuting tonight.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

With the key word in the tweet being "worthy," I don't think it is anyone who is in any HoF yet (but dammit, he/ she should be..) and I don't think that the person who signed will be the sixth man in the ladder match.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I wouldn't mind her tiny stature if she was jacked at all but she doesn't look like she could really fight anyone. I want to believe but it's a big stretch whenever I watch her. At least Rey had some muscle even in his pre-WWE days.

But she does most of the things that a tiny girl should do when facing larger opponents.  She uses calf kicks and legwork to break down the base of her foes so that they are more susceptible to her aerial attacks and pinning predicaments. 

Her strikes are a bit suspect, but she does employ a lot of science to win matches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I don't buy either. Honestly to me, Riho is too small and frail.

I don't think its a size thing, I think its that her physics are too floaty. Sort of like RVD. Combine that with her size and I do tend to agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I don't buy either. Honestly to me, Riho is too small and frail.

giphy.gif

I respect your opinion, but IMO anyone who bumps like that is not frail.

Anyone who bought Spike Dudley, should buy Riho.

I will concede that she should probably get rid of the frilly white and pink ring attire because it gives off the subliminal message that she is delicate.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't buy Spike in actual matches on his own. To be fair, I've never watched his matches with Mike Awesome so maybe those are good. In ECW he was already tiny, going to the WWF made him look positively miniature or like he was an oddly dressed fan who got lost in the arena and somehow found the entranceway for the wrestlers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There Is nothing wrong with Riho's size.  If you bought Rey Mysterio Jr. all of these years, you can give Riho a pass.

I hate that people throw this comparison out as a justification for every small person. I saw Rey Mysterio bench 315 when I was in HS in the early 00’s.

He’s short but he was jacked and strong asf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I hate that people throw this comparison out as a justification for every small person.

Well, I hate people whose suspension of disbelief is not uniform, so I guess we are even.

It's pro wrestling.  AEW is partnered with DDT. 

DDT put a championship belt on a ladder FFS, and the ladder even had a retirement ceremony.   It was the best thing ever. 

It annoys me when people can buy into gimmicks like Bray Wyatt being possessed by a demon or the Question Mark being the master of a martial art that doesn't exist which originated from a nation that doesn't exist, but have problems with the math of a small girl beating a larger woman.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

MAKI ITOH!!!!

Do not mention her name.  There are already enough of us in trouble for peeping her I AM THE DEITY OF SHIT~!  photoshoot pics on Twitter.

One of my bros may be sleeping on the couch for the rest of his life.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Well, I hate people whose suspension of disbelief is not uniform, so I guess we are even.

It's pro wrestling.  AEW is partnered with DDT. 

DDT put a championship belt on a ladder FFS, and the ladder even had a retirement ceremony.   It was the best thing ever. 

It annoys me when people can buy into gimmicks like Bray Wyatt being possessed by a demon or the Question Mark being the master of a martial art that doesn't exist that originated from a nation that doesn't exist, but have problems with the math of a small girl beating a larger woman.

I actually don’t mind Riho. The size difference between her and most women isn’t that significant and she’s usually able to get the crowd behind her. 

I just hate that people act like Rey Mysterio wasn’t jacked and really strong, so they can justify short wrestlers with sleight builds.

The Question Mark was a comedy character that didn’t actually dominate with his fake martial art. I don’t watch the WWE anymore, so I can’t comment on that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...