DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I just don't get it.  He's one of the EVPs of the company, there's nobody pressuring him to get jacked.  What's the deal?  Makes no sense.  Maybe he's trying to get all fucking swoll to make Vince notice him and get jealous, like when divorced dad casually runs into the ex while he's with his new gf?

I imagine it's probably as simple as since he's something of the face of the company and something like the franchise of the company, that it would look better and people would buy in more if he were at least as jacked as pre-Crow Sting.

EDIT: But the dude looked really good as is. He didn't look as skinny and as much of a runt as he did when he started out in WWE. I think the size he got to after he left WWE to when AEW started was perfect and believable. I also wonder if maybe there was a belief that for him to hang with someone like Wardlow then he should look bigger.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

So the problem with how good Riho/Deeb was is there's probably no way anything other than Riho/Rosa matches it. The other matches will likely be in the good-to-very good range if everything goes well but I don't see Yuka vs. Britt or any other combination touching last week's Riho/Deeb match. It's not the worst problem but they hit us with their best shot too early or will on Bleacher Report. I think Deeb and Riho are perfect pieces to have surrounding your champ. They have some limitations but their strengths are really impressive.

Also, just want to throw some love to the running Marvez gag. He went from being the most nervous announcer since the dude that looks like Marshall Applewhite burped on the first UFC to being a legitimately funny stalker showing up randomly in Kenny Omega's life. I don't think the daycare angle hit as well as it could've but them trying to clearly illustrate what Callis is doing with Omega is wonderful. 

• Like 3

If Cody is so worried about being the "face of the company", why did he put the shittiest tattoo he could think of adjacent to his face?

Why do people still make jokes about Sid and the scissors when Arn was the one who used them first?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sid used the scissors first. Arn used them second. Sid famously refuses to fight without a weapon, hence the Pillman squeegee situation.

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater style!

Rock, paper, scissors is my other suggestion. Just keep Sid away.

The funniest outcome would have to be Jade just being like Kurt Angle 2.0, blowing everyone away and pinning Cody with a perfect 2 Cold Scorpio 450 splash.

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Sid used the scissors first. Arn used them second. Sid famously refuses to fight without a weapon, hence the Pillman squeegee situation.

There's a whole lot of versions of the story where Arn used the scissors first, and Arn won't speak about it.