DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I like Butcher and Blade but yeah that ring gear is a huge step down from what he had. I don't get it.

They look like a couple of low-rent crack addicts dressed like that. It is very, very amiss. Completely unnecessary given previous garb.

Edited by A_K

Riho/Deeb was fine except I just don't buy Riho as a wrestler. It's like pushing Shiga or Cheeseburger as your top guy. She just doesn't look like a wrestler to me, even if she can wrestle. 

The young Sydal getting beat up was cool and I wish they didn't go to break during it. Something nice about FTR is they come up like crafty cheaters with a deep bag of tricks instead of a pair who just have the bag of tricks, which is what your average Bucks match (see: tonight) comes off as to me. 

Shaq is gonna wrestle, yeah, but so is Tully Blanchard? Nice. 

Speaking of cheating that main had a nice long heat segment with Archer getting twisted and yanked on in the corner, really liked that. Match was better than the free-for-all from last week actually. Poor King is never gonna get a win over Moxley is he? They couldn't even let someone else drop the fall, he had to take it. 

But all of that doesn't matter because we got 

Spoiler

EXPLODING BARBED WIRE

EXPLODING BARBED WIRE

EXPLODING BARBED WIRE

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Riho/Deeb was fine except I just don't buy Riho as a wrestler. It's like pushing Shiga or Cheeseburger as your top guy. She just doesn't look like a wrestler to me, even if she can wrestle. 

It's the women's division not 1990s AJPW. When Riho was hitting Deeb with everything she had, Deeb immediately fired back and put her down. It's agility and technique that gets her wins. 

That powerbomb on ol' Stinger, man. Wow.

Are we going to get the motorcycle helmet and body suit for Aubrey in the exploding death match? I am so hyped for that. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

The opener in particular hit all the right notes with me. After that I knew it'd be one helluva show and damn that sure was. 

And it's amazing how a title stip made me go from "Eh, maybe I'll catch the replay Monday" to "Holy fuck cancel all plans and watch this!"  I'm incredibly giddy right now. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

It's the women's division not 1990s AJPW. When Riho was hitting Deeb with everything she had, Deeb immediately fired back and put her down. It's agility and technique that gets her wins.

I'm not arguing about that at all. Just take what I said at face value: she doesn't look like a wrestler to me, and it takes me out of it. I liked the title match with Nyla because the underdog thing there was so over the top, but in other matches, it just looks like somebody's little sister cosplaying. 

I want Aubrey to wear the silver radiation suit that the ref in the Funk/Onita match wore. Which brings to mind, is there gonna be a timebomb/exploding ring? That and plain ol' exploding BW can be mutually exclusive. 

• Like 2

I am using my discretionary day on that Monday and getting absolutely fucked up for a live exploding death match with my favourite wrestler. Can't wait.

And yeah, cody couldn't fucking help himself with the gender reveal pyro/confetti. These people.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1