DVDVR Message Board

What's the best match you watched live?

Infinit

Walter vs Sekimoto in Oberhausen, March 2012, wXw Unified World Title. My ex gf and I were at the show and she was pretty indifferent towards wrestling, but would tell other people that she loved that match and that she could understand my love for pro wrestling because of it. 

• Like 1

Man, I can't even remember the last wrestling show I went to live.

But I'll go with Chris Jericho vs The Rock from the 2002 Royal Rumble. The Rumble itself was pretty good, too, including Mr. Perfect being one of the surprise entrants and Maven eliminating The Undertaker before getting murdered for our amusement, but the Rock/Jericho match was the best match on the card.

(BTW, Maven was never actually eliminated, as Taker threw him over the top rope after he was already out of the match, but I don't think we can re-litigate that now.)

• Like 1

I have a top 3 of my favourite live matches:

1. Hiromu Takahashi vs Will Ospreay - Wrestling Kingdom 2020 1/4/20. I've said it before, but being a massive Hiromu fan, being there for his big stage return win was super emotional. Most will remember Okada/Ibushi from that night,  but this was the highlight of my trip for me.

2. Kento Miyahara vs Jake Lee - AJPW 5/1/20. I bailed on a trip to Fuji Q with my friends for this and don't regret it at all. This turned me back onto AJPW and into a big Jake Lee fan. Awesome match, unfortunately All Japan hasn't been able to live up to thsi high for me since but I certainly understand the COVID world hasn't made things easy. 

3. Gino Gambino vs Robbie Eagles MCW 5/10/18. This is the match that got me into the Australian scene. I had been to a few events after hearing about the infamous Ospreay matches against Eagles and Brooksy but nothing hooked me completely until this, great crowd and atmosphere at the Thornberry helped. Beats out Eagles/Ospreay at Southern Showdown as my Aussie match on this list.

• Like 1

Bryan Danielson vs. Paul London from RoH All Star Showdown 03.

Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness that was a suprise match taped for RoH's first PPV.

Eddie Gurrerro v.s Dean Malenko from ECW Enter The Sandman in 96.

• Like 1