DVDVR Message Board

Venture Bros Thread of Greatness (and everything else AS)

Brock Samson

I have no idea who the main characters even are at this point.  Definitely not Hank and Dean (who were the focal characters the first couple seasons).  I don't think they really focus on Rusty or Brock as much.  Dr-Mrs. Monarch?  Monarch?

I would probably go with Dr. Girlfriend, but I'm guessing.

They've really split the time between a large number of characters this season than what is the norm. I'm digging it but sometimes I'd just like to see one or two subplots. This way, they cover everything at a snail's pace. 

They've really split the time between a large number of characters this season than what is the norm. I'm digging it but sometimes I'd just like to see one or two subplots. This way, they cover everything at a snail's pace. 

I think only getting 10 episodes out in three years hurts. If it had a regular schedule they could afford this. But they need more people. 

Always Sunny is a live action show, but they get out ten episodes a year with a fairly bare bones writing staff. 

Not to pile on because there is so much I love with the show. 

I liked that St,Cloud having a time machine is no big deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent the last week or so re-watching this series before starting the new season of which I caught the first three episodes of today. Reading through the comments I can say these things. El Dragon is completely on the money as far as Hank & Dean not being the leads go. The show is and has always been a ensemble. The plot was more consistent first two or three seasons, but I honestly think the last few have been far more interesting on the whole. Dean hasn't moved forward as much due to the ever increasing cast size. At the same time his journey hasn't been completely stagnant other than for story purposes like Treanna refusing a relationship & him completely losing his way when he found about about being a clone. After discussing it with Hank he seemed ready for growth again and this season's embracing of college and helping out with the company sort of show it. Hank has never had a solid direction outside of being a manchild who hasn't really grown properly even with all of his experiences. Its somewhat the point of his character. He was never going to be Brock jr. as someone suggested earlier, partially because everyone doesn't want him to be. Things might change a bit though this season as they seem to have an actual direction for him. Actually the whole season seems to have more focus than the past two. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

"I AM SO SICK OF KILLING MICE!" wasn't even the best line this week but it was the one I laughed hardest at. It seems like everything we've been griping about as far chracter development for Hank & Dean is being addressed. Obviously Publick and Hammer have made this season just for those of us here at DVDVR.

James

No one batting an eye at a midget college professor with a ginormous head and a floating chair was great. 

How did I not realize until this week that Doc Venture and the Monarch look the same except for goatee length?

I didn't either until Billy did last week. Is this the season of the double turn?

• 2 weeks later...

Season finale is this weekend.  A nine episode season?  Lol, I seem to remember the creators promising longer seasons after s5.

I've really dug this season, but the prospect of 8 or nine episodes every 2 1/2 years kinda makes me wish they'd just wrap it up.

Isn't it kinda obvious that he's drawn to look exactly like a horribly mutated version of Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone?

And count me in the group that says "some VB is better than no VB; but god-damn, guys, can't we have a FEW more episodes per... decade?!"

I thoroughly enjoyed this season but last night's episode didn't really feel like a season's ending type of episode, more like the last episode before a mid-season break.

See you in a couple of years. :(