DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

I really liked it. Absurdly over the top both in terms of "mature content" and absolute silliness, which is kinda a weird combination. It's like BtBatB with a hard R... But it's fun.

Edited by Brian Fowler

Harley ep 2 dials back on the gore.  It's still very, very funny.  Wayne Knight as Penguin only gets a few lines but absolutely kills it (duh).  Lake Bell as Ivy is absolute MVP.

I'm not sure I really buy Harley recruiting Dr. Psycho next week.  She's just ended a long relationship with an abusive, controlling partner...and she goes and recruits a nearly-Martian-level telepath driven entirely by hatred of and desire to subjugate women?    I just want them to hurry and get to King Motherfuckin Shark.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

I forgot to post the trailer to that. Saw it couple of days ago. So damn excited to see it happening.

Looks good though I've never read the source material. All I know is a what if the shuttle carrying Kal-El landed in Mother Russia.

spider_6.jpg

The Spectacular Spider-Man is showing on Pop Max in the UK again. I think The Spectacular Spider-Man is one of the best Spider-Man things in any medium be it comics/films/cartoons. Intervention, S1 Ep12 aired tonight. It's the best episode of TSSM as Peter Parker struggles to be rid of the alien symbiote and the method he uses to overcome it is so well done. What a wonderful series cancelled before it's time.

On 12/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Natural said:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993) is a classic. Definitely the best animated Batman movie, has a claim to be the best Batman movie of any type.

I just watched that for the first time last Friday. My son (2) really wanted to watch a Batman movie, so I thought I’d go animated. Glad I did. It’s awesome. 

• Like 2