DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

It’s going to be sad when no one watches it, because it’s not based on anything, and there probably isn’t an interest for what us essentially Conan The Caveman. I have a feeling though that gif’s of this will go viral, and it will somehow develop an audience from there.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Found the Totally Turtles channel on Pluto, watched 3 eps of the 03 4Kids series (still my favorite Turtles, though 2012 has grown on me and I need to watch more of it). It frustrates me that a scheduled, ad-supported channel (no on-demand) is the only way to watch that show without risking malware. Put it on Prime for sale, put it on Nicksplat, just do something that will let nostalgic old farts watch it again without the frustration of seeing the ep you want airing at 2am.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So, Night Flight Plus just put up the entire Double Dragon animated series. Does anybody remember if it's any good? 

The 90s show? I was always super excited for it as a kid but no way can it possibly be good.

51 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So, Night Flight Plus just put up the entire Double Dragon animated series. Does anybody remember if it's any good? 

I always liked the opening. As far as quality goes I don't have memory of it being anything great. With 90s cartoon and stories I remember stuff like DCAU Spider-man, X-men, & Mighty Max the most.

Caught Teen Titans Go vs. Teen titans Saturday. It was super fun and about as perfect as it could be.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Seis Manos. Not super impressed so far though its not outright terrible or anything. I do wish they mentioned the time frame instead of just leaving you to figure it out. Beyond that something about it just feels off to me in terms of how it progresses so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Harley Quinn ep 1:

Great voice cast.  Diedrich Bader playing Batman in an even sillier world than BatB is rad.  Kaley Cuoco (Harley), Lake Bell (Ivy), Alan Tudyk (Joker) and Jim Rash (Riddler) are all amazing.  Would not have recognized Christopher Meloni as Gordon if I hadn't seen the cast list.  I like the setup, love Ivy having a very Audrey II-esque man-eating plant as the world's worst roommate, love the Riddler's big plot.  Some of the violence is less "funny horrifying" and more "what the fuck", like when Mortal Kombat went from severed heads and gouts of blood to cutting the front third off someone's face so you can see their brain and mouth cavity.  I lost count of the number of "bone poking through a wound" shots and it's a bit much.  Still, the dialogue is really fun and I'm down to see   I'm in for at least one or two more episodes, because the dialogue is great and I want to know if Ron Funches will get to sing the King Shark Song, but if you have a weak stomach this is nearly Guyver OVA-level gross-out.