DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

30 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I liked that movie fine, but I don't think it was anywhere near the rest of those.

I'd have Wonder Woman bottom of those I brought up. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm the best of them with Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker not that far behind. The uncut version that is.

I'm glad they are finally doing a new Wonder Woman animated film, but I'm disappointed that it's apparently at least partially another origin story.

Though that is on brand for the character.  I think her origin has been reworked more than just about any major superhero character except maybe Clark.

• Like 1

Hush fixed my single biggest problem with the comic

Tommy Elliot being so obviously the villain that he almost had to be a red herring. I'm not 100% on-board with The Riddler being Hush, but it's a hell of a lot better than Tommy faking his death, etc etc

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hush fixed my single biggest problem with the comic

Hide contents

Tommy Elliot being so obviously the villain that he almost had to be a red herring. I'm not 100% on-board with The Riddler being Hush, but it's a hell of a lot better than Tommy faking his death, etc etc

Not watched yet, but your issue is kind of odd to me.

Spoiler

The entire point at the end of the comic was that Riddler was the real Hush in all but the wrappings. He wasn't the man behind the wraps, but he was the brain behind everything else.

6 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Announced today at Powercon:  a new He-Man Americanime produced by Kevin Smith and unconvinced to the current She-Ra show.  Why.

Feels like Russian disinformation dropped to split the American public.

Finally caught up with YJ today; the fact that it was a show I'd been watching with my ex kicked me off it for a while after the breakup. Now considering She-Ra S2 vs Dragon Prince S2 vs going back to one of the anime I've been watching (Haikyuu, Food Wars, Hokuto no Ken) as my next Bus Cartoon.

13 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Finally caught up with YJ today; the fact that it was a show I'd been watching with my ex kicked me off it for a while after the breakup. Now considering She-Ra S2 vs Dragon Prince S2 vs going back to one of the anime I've been watching (Haikyuu, Food Wars, Hokuto no Ken) as my next Bus Cartoon.

If you watch S2 of She-Ra you might as well catch S3 as well. it feels a bit awkward where it ends if you do only S2. Surprised you haven;t caught S2 of Dragon prince already.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

If you watch S2 of She-Ra you might as well catch S3 as well. it feels a bit awkward where it ends if you do only S2. Surprised you haven;t caught S2 of Dragon prince already.

Same reason. All the shows I'd been saving to watch with her never got picked back up

• Sad 1

Unless they utterly shit the bed in the last 3 eps, I feel comfortable saying that YJ3 was worth the six year wait and $75 price tag. They haven't done the thing I most wanted, but we're already getting another season so maybe it'll happen then (and there hasn't been room for it to work anyway). And while it took about 5 eps to really get rolling, it's just a great story and I keep wanting to know where it goes next.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 11:46 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Unless they utterly shit the bed in the last 3 eps, I feel comfortable saying that YJ3 was worth the six year wait and $75 price tag. They haven't done the thing I most wanted, but we're already getting another season so maybe it'll happen then (and there hasn't been room for it to work anyway). And while it took about 5 eps to really get rolling, it's just a great story and I keep wanting to know where it goes next.

Just caught up to what is available as well, and I'm pretty much in agreement about everything you said. I'm just enjoying how so much of the story plays out though the world feels almost too big so many characters I want to see and know more of. I wish they would hand Weisman an extra show to go along with it.

Just caught the last 3 episodes of YJ S3. Thought it was an excellent finish to the season. Only real disappointment I think I had was

Spoiler

no return of Wally. With everything happening though its understandable why they couldn't push it this season. Feels like it has to happen next season for certain though after that second to last episode forced Artemis to finally start moving on. I do like how everything ends with all the teams fully connected. It again though makes me think that they really need to give Weisman another show to partner with YJ. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Keith David said in an interview that Goliath was one of his favorite roles and said he'd jump to do a Gargoyles continuation. I know Disney passed on Key's pitch for a reboot and I say just brign the band back together and get us a proper Gargoyles reunion

James

• Like 1

Finally caught Batman: Hush. Was a solid enough film though I can't say I was behind the big change

Spoiler

with Riddler being Hush. In general I'm never fond of the Riddler being a more physical villain, and I always dug the ending of the original story where he makes the big reveal to Bruce. I get why the changes were made to some extent since Elliot was too obvious, but I still would have preferred they stuck with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If you go to sleep watching Adult Swim you will see that thing a thousand times a night

I’ll admit, the last time I watched Adult Swim was when they aired the last season of Samurai Jack. 

Apparently it’s getting a theatrical run by splicing the episodes into one movie. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs