DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't know enough about that director's work to know if I should be excited or not. Hope it turns out good.

He was one of the Lonely Island trio that made all the digital shorts for SNL for like a decade.  Looks like most of his non-shorts directing has been TV, aside from the Island's Popstar and the Ben Stiller comedy The Watch.  CG rodents in a real world seems like it would be a step or three harder to pull off than what he's done before, but he's got pretty good comic sensibility and timing as a director at least

• Like 1

Batman vs. TMNT was really good.  I haven't read the comics so I don't know if it's a direct adaptation or not.  Nowhere near as graphically violent as most of the DC animated movies.  No cursing either.  Kind of refreshing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 1:16 AM, BEN! said:

Batman vs. TMNT was really good.  I haven't read the comics so I don't know if it's a direct adaptation or not.  Nowhere near as graphically violent as most of the DC animated movies.  No cursing either.  Kind of refreshing.

I agree. I highly enjoyed it. You're right in that it wasn't as graphically as violent but there were still some things that I thought pushed the Limit. Didnt bother me,  but it was just unexpected. 

Like you, I didnt read the books but this was exactly what I expected from this movie and I'm really happy. I hope they do a sequel. 

3 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

In case anyone other than me was waiting to see if Universe would get Batman vs TMNT, the answer is "not at launch." So I just ordered a copy.

Yeah, I was very disappointed when it didn't show up last night.

12 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

In case anyone other than me was waiting to see if Universe would get Batman vs TMNT, the answer is "not at launch." So I just ordered a copy.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, I was very disappointed when it didn't show up last night.

Picked up Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles today when I finished my shift in the charity shop.

Edited by The Natural

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

S6 of RWBY was finally uploaded to CR last week. Finished it up a night or two ago. Overall I thought it was decent, but a definite step down from S5. I'm never too fond of spending an entire season trying to get to one place in shows like this. Really though what annoyed me was the big point of conflict within the heroes. It just felt like bs. For all intents and purposes they got majorly pissed off at Oz for not telling them something that really didn't change their actual mission at all other than not knowing a real endgame for the moment (they didn't really have one before knowing anyways). It just felt hollow and kind of ridiculous considering the massive invasion of privacy they did to Oz just to figure out the big reveal. The actual revelation and history of their world revealed though was interesting enough. It explains both Salem and Oz as people and their motivations so that was nice to have at least. I did like old lady reaper. She made for a nice addition to the team. The season wasn't bad despite my complaints, but I was hoping we would get no big steps back after they upped their game last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Batman Beyond is getting a Blu-ray limited edition release to match the Animated Series one. The show spread over four discs, a bonus features disc, and a newly remastered Return of the Joker on the sixth. The limited to 50,000 comes with an exclusive Pop. Digital included. Etc etc.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I have that scooby set that came in the mystery machine box. That's prob good enough for me. ?

I wouldnt mind a box set of the mystery inc. Seriesfrom a couple years ago. That was good.

I'm pretty sure there is a DVD box, I don't think it had Blu though

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Batman Beyond is getting a Blu-ray limited edition release to match the Animated Series one. The show spread over four discs, a bonus features disc, and a newly remastered Return of the Joker on the sixth. The limited to 50,000 comes with an exclusive Pop. Digital included. Etc etc.

Batman of the Future as it's called on the UK is coming out on DVD as well. It's how I picked up Batman: The Animated Series. Has it specified whether Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is the uncut version? Our Family Memories is legitimately chilling from it.

Edited by The Natural

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

When is this coming? Also I clearly need to start saving money.

29 minutes ago, Eivion said:

When is this coming? Also I clearly need to start saving money.

October 29. $99.99, though I'm banking on an Amazon price drop at some point.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I know they just did The New Scooby Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection and they have the entire original Scooby coming to Blu-ray this fall.

Ooh, didn't know this had happened. Sucks they couldn't settle the issues to include the Addams Family, but getting 8/9 of the previously omitted stories is good enough to get me to at least buy the Lost Eps since those aren't on Boomerang/Vrv

• 3 weeks later...

I know some have seen the Wonder Woman (2009) animated movie. For those that haven't, do so. That belongs with Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993), Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000), Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010) and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (2012-2013).

Edited by The Natural