DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

Watched Teen Titans Go movie with my older brother and our nephew earlier today. Loved every bit of it.

Went through S7 of Voltron Saturday. I can see why they went back to 13 episodes for this one. They would have pissed people off since they had teased Earth only to not return until episode 7. That said the actual arc was pretty damn good and possible the best the show has been in terms of action, drama, and intensity. Thought it ended in an interesting place with the final fight and setup though I'm not sure it couldn't have waited until next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has watched Death of Superman,  but it is miles better than the Superman/Doomsday movie from 10 years ago.  I think definitely one of the DCAU best movies. 

Showing Doomsday beat the Nu52 version of the Justice League is a better decision than having a league that had Guy Gardner, Bloodwynd and Fire.  

I mostly really liked it, but Batman lasting nearly the whole fight with Doomsday bugged me. I mean, come on, it was fast enough to hit Flash, not even Bruce can dodge him for that long.

Also, they kinda jettisoned the Clark/Diana romance and moved in Clark/Lois really quickly without much there.

Still, yeah, it was really good.

6 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

3 eps in, Dragon Prince is real good and a show I am not allowed to watch without the GF.  also, I am finally going to watch Assault on Arkham because I'm bored and it's the first DTV movie that caught my eye on DCU

It's... Fine. The newer Suicide Squad film was a lot better.

On 8/1/2018 at 7:57 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Fathom Events will be running Transformers: The Movie (1986) at their partner theatres on 9/27. tickets Friday.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:08 PM, Brian Fowler said:

God fucking damn it why do none of my local theaters ever support these things?!?

In a shocking turn of events, this actually did play here. And it was glorious. Even got a free mini poster

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Thanks For The Memories? Is she about to watch an old NBC Bob Hope special?

Not knowing if this is a serious question or not, The Transformers: The Movie

Oddly, sitting next to me was someone subjecting his girlfriend to the movie as well. Though she was a big Zelda nerd.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not knowing if this is a serious question or not, The Transformers: The Movie

Oddly, sitting next to me was someone subjecting his girlfriend to the movie as well. Though she was a big Zelda nerd.

I had no idea what TFTM meant either.

With young Sandra turning 4 months on Tuesday I've been watching David The Gnome while feeding her. This show is... pretty damn solid. Like it balances howing Gnome mythology with plenty of decent kid friendly action BUT tht final episode.. .sweet christ I'm glad Sandy isn't able to grasp what us going on

James

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...