DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

Probably. I preorder all mine through my regular shop. I worked at a closed sister location for six years and the owner likes me so I can sit on stuff for months if I don't have cash up front, and I also get discounts/free comics/other perks sometimes. 

If you have about a hundred quid to spare, the Batmobile is a thing of beauty. I'm about 6'10 and it's the length of my torso with light up headlights, taillights, burner, and a bluelit cockpit that fits two, though with the sculpted capes you'd need to take them off. A second edition is coming soon bundled with cloth cape Batman and Robin figures and a Batsignal but retail is about $175 US for that and I know UK pricing usually falls above exchange by a bit due to shipping/import costs.

EDIT: My barely used Instagram has like four pictures from when I got it. (Spoilered for size)

• Like 2

Just saw Justice League vs Teen Titans.  Didn't care for it.  I've generally disliked Damian Wayne in the animated DCU, but have still managed to enjoy the movies overall.  But he was just awful here.  Terrible to everyone, but better at everything than everybody.  Saves everybody.  Can match Wonder Woman in sword combat, using his mighty strength to fend off her attack. 

Also, I'm not sure how old Starfire is supposed to be in this, but the director sure liked perving on her.  The scene where she changes from civvies into her superhero outfit has the "camera" lingering on her T&A.  And there are at least two other scenes where they cut her head out of the frame to show her rack without her face distracting you.

Overall it's not terrible, but it's definitely skippable.

On 6/12/2016 at 7:36 PM, J.H. said:

As I said in the Anime thread, the new Voltron is terrible. Pooorly animated, poor writen... it made the cookie cutter plots of the original look like fucking Shakespeare. I hate Corran and REALLY hate Allura. I hate that the first episode crammed the original search for the lions arc in to a single pilot episode. Also if you didn't see the heel turn coming then I don't know what to tell you.

God I hope they don't get ambitious wuth this and decided to remake Dairugger XV Voltron (I've always liked Dairugger XV better than the Golion version)

James

We usually line up far as Anime goes, but we're far apart here.  I loved the Voltron, looking forward to Season 2.  

Then again, I liked all the Last Airbender stuff so it kinda translated over.

On 7/3/2016 at 0:36 PM, evilwaldo said:

One Punch Man is starting on Adult Swim on 7/16.  That was a fast pickup.

Glad Toonami got One Punch Man.  The Anime Expo preview really felt like an old-school Toonami preview.  

I still don't understand why they never showed Tiger & Bunny.  Blows my mind really.

• Like 2

The Killing Joke screened at SDCC and the original content portion marries the worst part of the DCAU with TKJ.

Batgirl and Batman have rooftop sex, then Bruce won't let her out in the field, including the line "It was just sex! It doesn't have to mean anything! I don't care! You don't care!"

It's REALLY cringey.

15 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

The Killing Joke screened at SDCC and the original content portion marries the worst part of the DCAU with TKJ.

Hide contents

Batgirl and Batman have rooftop sex, then Bruce won't let her out in the field, including the line "It was just sex! It doesn't have to mean anything! I don't care! You don't care!"

It's REALLY cringey.

Wut

but why 

Spoiler

That story thread makes the best adaptation of Batman in any medium (the DCAU) into a story where Bruce is a big piece of shit and it does no favors for Barbara either. 

• Like 1