DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

So uh, did Beware the Batman just pull a Young Justice by dropping a few good episodes and disappearing for like, six months?

Well, I just googled around a bit, and I didn't find anything mentioning a seventh episode.  Looks like the next couple weeks, at least, are reruns. Weird.

Any thoughts on the finale of Transformers: Prime?

It was interesting how it left things open and was a generally good episode. Despite it being a solid-good series overall I'm not sure if I will miss it much though as I never felt they reached their full potential because they tried to keeps things so small.

Overall I liked the Prime finale, but my overall problem was that the Beasts idea never really reached up to its full potential this season.  Hopefully the Rise of the Predacons movie will fix that.  But they basically made it another collectathon season with a big anti-climax in that they never did anything with the collectibles.  My guess was they had more stuff in mind with the Predacons this season but they were hindered by the shorter season.

I liked that Wheeljack actually joined the team and his character got more developed this season.  I liked that they ditched the Bumblebee can't talk garbage at the end.  

Also, sometimes I think the show could've used a little extra ambient sound in places.  Sometimes it just sounded like there was a lot of dead air.  The transformers also could've used some vocal MAKEUP as Frank Welker puts it.

It's going to be on TV first I think.  It would be cool, but I doubt it would make a lot of money.  As much as I hate the Bay movies, it's hard to deny that the way he makes them is what gives them appeal to a lot of dumb moviegoers.

Final season of TF Prime is already up on Netflix.  Of course, I still haven't watched Season 2; everyone says the first season's finale 4-parter is where it finally starts to pick up, and while I'll concede it was significantly better than what precedes it the other 20 eps were such a slog that I just haven't made the time.

Finally got a chance to see Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox.  I really loved it, personally I have to say it's definitely up there as one of my top 5 DCAU movies.  Thought I didn't expect them to be as violent as it was in the comics.  They were really pushing the envelope with this one, personally I would've rated it R, but oh well, still an enjoyable movie

• 2 weeks later...

the wife and i have watched both seasons of Young Justice in the last couple of weeks. neither of us watched it until now. i have a few thoughts:

-this show made me invested in characters i previously never cared about: Blue Beetle (Reyes), Static Shock, Superboy.  and made me really interested in others (Lagoon Boy, in particular).

-the Roy Harper/Red Arrow/Arsenal stuff was my favorite angle. couldn't get enough of it, and hoped for more Harper-Harper interaction.

-Wonder Girl was severely underused. she barely even has a character outside of the WW symbol.

-i can only assume that LongShadow was a stand-in for Apache Chief, which i highly support. We need more SuperFriends in our Justice League.

-why did this show have to end? i thought it started off slowly but liked it from the get-go. my wife didn't care for it at first but was hooked after around 6-7 episodes.

-what the fuck? why did they kill Wally? i was pissed and my wife cried. 

in other views, it's a better way to go than he did in the comics.

I always figured that

Wally wasn't dead, he would come back in Season Three if there had been one and become the new Flash.

Iy still took me a good three months to get round to watching it since it was the last remaining link to my favorite DC character.

That final teaser with Vandal.Savage is so perfect it makes me want to cry ...

I absolutely adore the way that

G. Gordon Godfrey is just THERE on Apokolips, with no explanation for anyone who isn't already familiar with the character and his roots, no lines, no nothing.  That amazing look on his face as he looks into the camera had me mark out like crazy, since anyone who knows Godfrey well knew he had to be sowing the seeds of an invasion.