DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking stunned to come home and find Kevin Conroy has passed away aged 66. Laura broke the news to me and I'm heartbroken. I love Bruce Wayne/Batman and when I think of Batman, it's Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995). Whenever I think of Batman's voice, it's always the voice of Kevin Conroy. Always.

Kevin Conroy went on to voice Batman in the aforementioned Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993), The New Batman Adventures (1997-1999), Batman of the Future (1999-2001), Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2002), Justice League (2001-2004), many animated movies, Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009), Batman: Arkham City (2011) and Batman: Arkham Knight (2015). If I could have ever met three famous people, Conway was the one in three.

"I am vengeance, I am the knight, "I am Batman". My thoughts go out to Kevin Conroy's family and friends at this toughest of times. Thank you, Kevin Conroy for all you did xxx.

• Like 4

just heard the news and raced here to check on you, Natural. 

like you said, Kevin Conroy is THE voice of Batman. i'm glad he got to play the live action role once too, in the Arrowverse version of Crisis. He seemed like a good dude all around. RIP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

just heard the news and raced here to check on you, Natural. 

like you said, Kevin Conroy is THE voice of Batman. i'm glad he got to play the live action role once too, in the Arrowverse version of Crisis. He seemed like a good dude all around. RIP.

Thank you, my friend for doing so. Keep on crying. Fucking love Batman and Kevin Conroy. I too am glad Kevin got to portray the character in live-action.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

It was very shocking news. I had no idea he was sick or anything was wrong. I heard he we was still going to signings recently, and he was still working on the regular. Like he just voiced Batman again in Multiversus.

I think you can debate in so many ways who is the best Batman, but Kevin Conroy was undeniably special. I still can't think of a better all-around performance for The Dark Knight in giving him the Batman personality but also making him a real human being. And I think it's pretty amazing he stuck with the character so long. And he got to other interpretations beyond just the Timm-Verse. 

He was an incredible talent and a tireless, diligent worker.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 5:39 PM, The Natural said:

Fucking stunned to come home and find Kevin Conroy has passed away aged 66. Laura broke the news to me and I'm heartbroken. I love Bruce Wayne/Batman and when I think of Batman, it's Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995). Whenever I think of Batman's voice, it's always the voice of Kevin Conroy. Always.

Kevin Conroy went on to voice Batman in the aforementioned Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993), The New Batman Adventures (1997-1999), Batman of the Future (1999-2001), Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2002), Justice League (2001-2004), many animated movies, Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009), Batman: Arkham City (2011) and Batman: Arkham Knight (2015). If I could have ever met three famous people, Conway was the one in three.

"I am vengeance, I am the knight, "I am Batman". My thoughts go out to Kevin Conroy's family and friends at this toughest of times. Thank you, Kevin Conroy for all you did xxx.

FizJhvVWQAAT9EM?format=jpg&name=small

Happy 67th Birthday to the late great Kevin Conroy who we lost to fucking cancer 20 days ago. Kevin and Batman: The Animated Series is a huge reason for my Batman fandom. I'd have loved to have met him. Thank you for your classic contributions to Batman. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 1

Our Family Memories from the uncut version of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is really disturbing. It's probably my favourite Batman vs. Joker final confrontation alongside The Dark Knight. I feel bad for saying the former for what happens to poor Tim Drake.

• 2 weeks later...

FkcH7abXgAgjENw?format=jpg&name=large

I made a Facebook post in the Keep 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' Alive! Facebook group saying how much I love The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009) and when I think of Spider-Man, it's TSSM, Stan Lee/Steve Ditko on The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018). Victor Cook, one of the key people behind the show liked my post. I couldn't believe it. Victor. Cook. This happened a few weeks ago but meant to tell you sooner.

I wake up to great and unexpected news today that The Spectacular Spider-Man will be in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023). What an early Christmas present. The GOAT returns. Needed that after a day of hell yesterday.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...