DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

On 9/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, odessasteps said:

I'm prob getting Peacock this week once futbol starts. I've not even looked to what is on there yet. 

Honestly, not a lot as far as animation goes. Exosquad , Wing Commander, Savage Dragon and the exclusive Cleopatra in Space are the only things that might appeal to someone over 8.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:26 PM, The Natural said:

Looking at this reminds me of one of the most saddest and powerful Batman moments ever, Batman's last night in the Batman Beyond Batsuit. Wayne is older but wants to carry on as Batman. However Bruce's health fails him and he's got to use the criminals GUN in self defense. Never again.

Bruce-Retires-Batman-Beyond.jpg?q=50&fit

Never again.

This morning, my son asked to watch Spiderman.  Ultimate Spiderman, to be exact.  I noticed that there was an episode with Deadpool.  I was curious.  How can they pull of Deadpool on a kid's cartoon show?  Well, they decided to make him the single most obnoxious character ever to appear on a television.  Holy fucking shit.  It's like a coked-up dude doing a bad impression of a bad Jim Carey impression.  It was honestly one of the worst things I've seen on television.  And while the performance was irritating as all hell, the writing didn't do it any favors.  Just terrible, terrible humor presented as being hilarious to the other characters.  Again, holy fucking shit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Log said:

This morning, my son asked to watch Spiderman.  Ultimate Spiderman, to be exact.  I noticed that there was an episode with Deadpool.  I was curious.  How can they pull of Deadpool on a kid's cartoon show?  Well, they decided to make him the single most obnoxious character ever to appear on a television.  Holy fucking shit.  It's like a coked-up dude doing a bad impression of a bad Jim Carey impression.  It was honestly one of the worst things I've seen on television.  And while the performance was irritating as all hell, the writing didn't do it any favors.  Just terrible, terrible humor presented as being hilarious to the other characters.  Again, holy fucking shit.

Yes, Ultimate Spider-Man and Deadpool in it are both fucking terrible. The Spectacular Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man show ever.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, Log said:

Well your first mistake was watching Ultimate Spider-Man. I watched it and the Disney GotG show as they aired, and they are soooo not good even with the occasional solid episode or moment. The current Spider-Man series they are airing is nothing fantastic, but its so damn much better.

• Like 1

Oh, totally agree that Ultimate Spiderman is shit.  It's usually what I put on when the boy wants to watch Spiderman and I'm not going to have to watch.

Luckily, he's been wanting the 90's X-Men cartoon lately.  We also just watched the first two seasons of Batman The Brave and The Bold.  Love that show.  My son is only 3, so that one is good for him, and I can enjoy it too.  

I'm hoping Justice League and Justice League Unlimited pop up on HBO Max soon.  I watched them with my daughter when they were still on Netflix.  I'd like to see them again.

• Like 2

Ultimate Spider-Man really is shit. Out of the Spider-Man cartoons I've watched, that's by far the worst. Pains me even more that it followed The Spectacular Spider-Man. Only comic book animation series I'd have above it is the legendary Batman: The Animated Series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...