DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XI - 2/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Easy.  Gets rid of the briefcase, leads to: 

Fastlane --> Miz vs. McIntyre.  Drew wins it back via Bad Bunny interference. 

Mania -->  Miz vs. Bunny, Drew vs. Bobby.   Or whoever. 

Posted Krusty seeing the Miz as WWE Champion even if it's a likely short reign ending at Fastlane. Does nothing for me.

Edited by The Natural

1 minute ago, Spontaneous said:

I can't believe they are threatening Miz main eventing Wrestlemania in 2021. It's just so out of touch. 

I mean it is threatening for people who forget there is a Fastlane PPV (on Peacock by the way).   I will be shocked if Miz wins

Your (new) RAW WWE champion has spent the last month being punked out at almost every stop by Bad Bunny. One way or another, your WrestleMania main event is likely Drew vs either Miz, Orton, Lashley or Sheamus. Fantastic.

Your SD WWE champion is going to be beat by a near 50 year old, recently un-retired Edge.

Your RAW US champion has sexual assault allegations against him.

Sasha/Bianca is either dangerously close to becoming a triple threat with Carmella, or Sasha is going to turn heel AGAIN and join up with Reginald.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I only really paid attention to the chamber matches. The Smackdown match was actually pretty good. Bryan winning was nice even though I think Cesaro deserved it more. Edge coming out at the end to make the Mania match official took the air out of my sails as the idea of a Roman/Edge title match at Mania is a complete snoozefest. At least it isn't Goldberg?

The Raw match drug a great deal and wasn't bad but didn't do much for me overall. There were a few moments I thought AJ might get the win but Drew ended up going over and like someone said above, the match ultimately meant nothing. I guess Lashley dropping the belt was to put him in the world title picture now. A few months ago I would have been against that as he's always just been a generic roids guy to me, but ever since The Hurt Business has picked up, he's been great. Drew/Lashley has potential to be a solid WM title match, or it could have been until Miz showed up. Hopefully he breaks Miz's neck in under 10 seconds at Fastlane.

Edited by HumanChessgame

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So this isn't the longest between world title reigns ever, but it's damn close. Backlund has a little less than a year on him. Also Sheamus is the same age as Baron Von Raschke in 1983.

Thanks for this. Kane wins the WWF Championship in June 1998 and the World Heavyweight Championship in July 2010. Depends if you count the ECW Championship as a World Title which he won at WrestleMania XXIV.

Edited by The Natural

Yuck. But not like a hard yuck, just a soft yuck lol. I think we all see the Mania match is Drew vs Lashley. Which I will gladly take because I was expecting Drew vs Sheamus and Sheamus is no bueno for me. Miz & Morrison vs Bad Bunny & Priest isn't even the worst Wrestlemania celebrity tag match Morrision has had to do. One word, Snooki.

Kind of a boring show. I'm still begging them to book the Women's Tag Title scene without the singles champions involved. Speaking of booking the women... on the preshow they were hyping that someone would face Asuka. Did I hear that wrong or miss something? She wasn't on the show at all right? Wonder if there was some late game rewriting going on because the pre show was more of a mess than usual lol.

I mean the minute they gave the case back to Miz you knew he was successfully cashing in on someone and it would have been a hell of a lot worse if it had been over Roman so I am a little confused to folks acting surprised Miz that is champ again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Thanks for this. Kane wins the WWF Championship in June 1998 and the World Heavyweight Championship in July 2010. Depends if you count the ECW Championship as a World Title which he won at WrestleMania XXIV.

Yeah, that's a tough one. I kind of count the WWECW championship personally, though it's less of a big deal after Christian won the World title.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I mean it is threatening for people who forget there is a Fastlane PPV (on Peacock by the way).   I will be shocked if Miz wins

No, I don't believe he will either. I'm saying he is not at all intriguing at this time of the year. I expect he is losing back to Drew. He is a waste of time that should be building to Drew-Lashley.

Just now, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Speaking of booking the women... on the preshow they were hyping that someone would face Asuka. Did I hear that wrong or miss something? She wasn't on the show at all right? Wonder if there was some late game rewriting going on because the pre show was more of a mess than usual lol.

Since it was the kickoff show - I would chalk it up more to someone misspoke (especially with the crew they roll out there)

Knew Cesaro wasn’t winning when he cut a smart, succinct promo on the preshow, which was then promptly shit on by the entire talking head panel.

They’ve almost built Roman up TOO much, to the point where the only person who can believably unseat him in storyline is Moxley. Don’t think that’s where they wanna be.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Yeah, that's a tough one. I kind of count the WWECW championship personally, though it's less of a big deal after Christian won the World title.

I did same as you, @Matt D. Christian's run as WWECW Champion in 2009-2010 was one of the lone bright spots of WWECW. So glad Christian won a legit World Title in WWE though I always wanted it to be the WWE Championship, that's THE world title in WWE.

• Like 1

I see very little current WWE and absolutely nothing that I don't want to see unless it's Mania, basically. So I haven't seen any Corbin in forever. He looked pretty good in there. Does he usually look as good as he did tonight? Just one impactful bit of bullying offense after the next. I can't imagine watching him on a weekly basis but I could see myself tracking down a Bryan or Cesaro singles match now and again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

“Retire the Money in the Bank gimmick,” I shout hopelessly into the void. 

Yes, please. But I'd be okay if it was changed to the winner of the briefcase had to set an actual concrete date for the match, not just cash it in anytime.

• Like 1