DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XI - 2/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God - I just thought of and I am sure I am not the only one who just realized this

They are gonna have Edge take Kofi's spot again aren't they?

Edge is the rumble winner so this has a basically zero chance or happening. If they try to repeat this spot Ali would make the most sense.

• Like 1

I like how you both immediately ruled out that the WWE is crazy and illogical

I mean how else are the going to continue Edge/Orton where they will totally want you to forget that this feud is over.

I also will say that I forgot when I made the post that Kofi was in the Raw Chamber. (Because you have a much easier time booking wise doing it if Edge was in the SDL Chamber)

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I should add the caveat here that they still could still do something wacky with Miz cashing in that would probably be the most infuriating thing for all involved. Like Cesaro gets put over strong, beats Reigns somehow, Reigns snaps and beats him down more, Miz cashes in and Cesaro ends up with like a 5 minutes reign. (And then Reigns easily gets the title back from Miz at the PPV before Mania)

In that case, Reigns would probably win a three-way, but I don't think they'd do that. It'd muddy the water too much during Wrestlemania season and neither Edge nor Reigns would like it and both probably have some level of veto power. Probably better to do Edge/Christian vs Reigns/Jey with a stip choice on the line or something.

Especially because no one thinks they're really going to go in on Cesaro in any meaningful sense, right?

Cesaro and Reigns have had two singles matches, both televised, and both are very good. And Cesaro has that thing where more internet-inclined fans still glom onto him. A PPV match with him vs a heel Reigns is one I wish people were in the building for. That could be really good. 

Don't think I've ever actively rooted against Owens as much as I am in this one. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Especially because no one thinks they're really going to go in on Cesaro in any meaningful sense, right?

I guess it is up to what you feel "meaningful sense" is?

I probably would agree that just winning the Chamber isn't really meaningful (beyond something that can use every once in awhile when hyping him up. Basically - it would replace Andre winner on the resume)

Hit reply too quickly

I should say that if both Reigns AND Bryan are pushing for him behind the scenes - I can definitely see a Cesaro/Reigns title match at Fastlane (which would also serve as the "thanks for signing the new deal" reward)

Just now, RIPPA said:

I guess it is up to what you feel "meaningful sense" is?

I probably would agree that just winning the Chamber isn't really meaningful (beyond something that can use every once in awhile when hyping him up. Basically - it would replace Andre winner on the resume)

I should say that if both Reigns AND Bryan are pushing for him behind the scenes - I can definitely see a Cesaro/Reigns title match at Fastlane (which would also serve as the "thanks for signing the new deal" reward)

It's a hard metric in 2021. You can't look at house show match line-ups to see where he's placed or how he's used. There are TV main events (like how Bliss has gotten a lot of them). I'd say constantly-featured-in-a-singles-feud is a good metric, as is getting long, featured matches on TV, and constantly being on the PPV cards, when not everyone makes it on them by any means. Past that you'd look at the amount of merch. We'll see where he's at in a few months. It's tricky since the mid-card titles are probably where they should be right now (with Big E and a fairly built up Lashley). It's a broken record, but where he'd excel would be a TV Title style run where he could wrestle 15 minutes on TV a week at the same time each week against all comers.

I've heard both that he hit it out of the park and that he missed big on his post-show promo, but since it was a post-show promo it probably doesn't matter anyway, right? The only time it's ever mattered is when Miz cut that big one early on and got a bit more of a push out of that.

My guess is that by summer he's back down the card and maybe in a tag team again. "Fool me once" and all that.

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean how else are the going to continue Edge/Orton where they will totally want you to forget that this feud is over.

I also will say that I forgot when I made the post that Kofi was in the Raw Chamber. (Because you have a much easier time booking wise doing it if Edge was in the SDL Chamber)

Orton could win the title and Edge could choose him if they want to continue that feud.

46 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I've heard both that he hit it out of the park and that he missed big on his post-show promo, but since it was a post-show promo it probably doesn't matter anyway, right? The only time it's ever mattered is when Miz cut that big one early on and got a bit more of a push out of that.

Cesaro hit one of his best promos in WWE. Then Bryan came in a basically outdid him with ease.

PWI says that Keith Lee is officially out of the US Title match

EDIT

They are also saying that outside of a multi-man match being added to the kickoff show, they are not going to add any matches to the PPV

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If I were the one with the book... Cesaro wins SD EC, immediately faces Reigns and gets this __ close but takes the loss. Post match in ring promo Reigns says he isn't going to defend against Edge at Mania because Edge brings nothing to the table. And the Tribal Chief don't have time for a retired has been.

Because of this, Edge Kofi's Kofi and takes his spot in the Raw EC. Edge wins. Big celebration. Miz cash in, Edge still wins. Reigns out for the shit head heel beat down. Picks up the Raw title and says okay Edge now you have something I want. See you at Mania. Unification match.

McIntyre gets stuck having to wrestle Sheamus at Wrestlemania. We get Edge & Christian vs The Usos at Fastlane. Reigns and Cesaro have a rematch at Fastlane.

If they'd been thinking ahead of time, they should have found angry Miz girl and put her in the Thunderdome.  

cwtksff8x1161.png?width=734&format=png&a

• Like 2

The Smackdown Elimination Chamber was good but marred by stupidly having Daniel Bryan vs. Jey Uso as the final two, you knew who was going to win whereas with Daniel Bryan and Cesaro who started the match, it was a 50/50 and would put on a great ending stretch.

I fell asleep after Roman vs. Bryan to wake up to Drew McIntyre with the mid air Claymore to AJ Styles, McIntyre retains the WWE Championship, is beat up by Bobby Lashley and Miz cashing in the MITB contract to regain the WWE Championship. Fuck me.

Edited by The Natural

Just why? So Miz can go on NBC to promote the first ppv on Peacock, have a title change on it? Just get to Lashley-Drew, that'll be awesome. It was good last year until the awful lana ending. 

I didn't like any of that. 

Edited by Spontaneous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

NdoIm7.gif&ehk=zXXKDEVeZoh8UrXIIFyxksulv

Easy.  Gets rid of the briefcase, leads to: 

Fastlane --> Miz vs. McIntyre.  Drew wins it back via Bad Bunny interference. 

Mania -->  Miz vs. Bunny, Drew vs. Bobby.   Or whoever. 

• Like 2

Elimination Chamber matches generally suck anyway, but both of these were also boring. At least the card was short.

I almost believe that Bryan winning was a late change, as the whole match was built around making Cesaro look good. My guess is that Vince saw the tights Cesaro planned to wear and was like, "you're not going over on my show looking like that"

• Haha 1