DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XI - 2/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

The final WWE Network PPV airs on the 21st.  

The Card, updated as they announce:

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. The Miz Kofi Kingston

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Jey Uso vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. King Corbin vs. Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns vs. Winner of #1 Contender Elimination Chamber

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Asuka (c) vs. Lacey Evans *

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Keith Lee vs. Riddle

FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Nia Jax/Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks/Bianca Bel Air

--

* - Cancelled. Evans announced her pregnancy on 2/15.

I'm guessing they're running a Women's Chamber but I'm just not sure what the prize would be. (Sasha's title or the other #1 contender slot.)

Why is Riddle gettign a title shot when Lee beat him on Raw? Other than that the card looks fine.

Would have preferred they stopped the dumbass teasing and used the Chambers to set up Wrestlemania challengers.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

So there's an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship, thinking the second will be for one of the womens, probably the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship. I'd say that's because WWE wants to prolong the Royal Rumble match winners choice of the championship they're going for. As it looks like Edge vs. Roman Reigns for Smackdown's WWE Universal Championship, we're not going to get a Gauntlet match involving Daniel Bryan and that sucks. Wanted Bryan to go long in it.

53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'll predict a first time ever. The Miz gets eliminated in the Elimination Chamber match and uses the Money in the Bank briefcase to immediately get back into the match.

Good call! I say he gets eliminated somewhat early and cashes in at the end of the match, and probably fails anyhow.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Why is Riddle gettign a title shot when Lee beat him on Raw? Other than that the card looks fine.

Would have preferred they stopped the dumbass teasing and used the Chambers to set up Wrestlemania challengers.

Riddle did Beat Lashley by DQ in their last title match up. 

• Like 1

The Elimination Chamber is one of my favourite gimmick matches. Here's my top ten recommendations:

10. Triple H vs. The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge vs. The Big Show vs. Vladimir Koslov. Elimination Chamber 2011.

9. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle vs. Kane vs. Carlito vs. Chris Masters. New Year's Revolution 2006.

8. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge. New Year's Revolution 2005.

7. John Cena vs. AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz vs. Baron Corbin. Elimination Chamber 2017.

6. Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk vs. R-Truth vs. John Morrison. Elimination Chamber 2011.

5. Bayley/Sasha Banks vs. Iiconics vs. Riott Squad vs. Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville vs. Naomi/Carmella vs. Nia Jax/Tamina. Elimination Chamber 2019.

4. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. Big Show vs. Free McIntyre. Elimination Chamber 2011.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Booker T vs. RVD. Survivor Series 2002.

2. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Mike Knox. No Way Out 2009.

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston. Elimination Chamber 2019.

I think if it isn't for the SDL Women's Title it will be the Women's Tag Team tiles (I would say its like 90/10 on which one it will be)

I mean I legit can't think of either men's tag champs at the moment which gives a slight hint about the way they feel about tag teams at the moment

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wins. And. Losses. Don't. Matter.

• Like 1

I see why I forgot about Roode and Ziggler because looking at Cagematch - they had the match where they won the titles and then Roode didn't wrestle for a month (this past Friday was the first time since the title change)

I remember thinking it was weird that only Ziggler was at the Rumble.

I am gonna just assume he had COVID

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Big E? Jey Uso? Kevin Owens? Daniel Bryan? 

Smackdown Spoilers:

Spoiler

Elimination Chamber match: Bryan vs. Cesaro vs. Owens vs. Zayn vs. Jey Uso vs. Corbin. Winner faces Roman for the WWE Universal Championship same night.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber is a lot better than RAW's. Thinking Cesaro wins it, faces Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship saving Reigns/Bryan for a bigger show and when Bryan's "fresh". Wouldn't be surprised if Bryan wins the EC and do Reigns/Bryan then and there because WWE and patience don't go together. 

• Like 1

Cesaro is in Nakamura's "spot" which was originally Cesaro to start with

Meltzer noted last week that long run in the gauntlet match was Bryan's idea for Cesaro and the only reason they didn't do it was because Cesaro hadn't signed his new deal.

I mean theoretically Corbin shouldn't be in it but they need heels (so actually Jim Uso being in it would make more sense but clearly they aren't waiting around for that)

10 minutes ago, killsteve said:

Crazy to think they basically created the womens tag belts just to keep Sasha and Bayley happy at the time. The fact the belts have been pointless ever since kind of shows they were just a vanity project

I wouldn't say the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship were pointless with the Kabuki Warriors and especially the second Banks/Bayley reign as the Golden Role Models. I believe they were a ratings draw across all three shows. I'd have kept together a little longer, say a month or two more before splitting them. It sucks that there's not much teams still around with the Golden Role Models, Kabuki Warriors, Iiconics and Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross gone.

The WWE is saying that Keith Lee status for the PPV is "uncertain" for Sunday. They are using storyline "injuries suffered by being attacked by Lashley" (reality is he is still battling/recovering from COVID)

Unknown if he isn't cleared if it will just be Lashley vs Riddle or if someone else gets inserted into the match