DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/3/2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Kingston/Archer is gonna slay, the taste we got already was awesome.

I predict that in our main event we get someone else joining the TNA/heel side - it could just be a red herring or nothing at all, but I mean: a six man tag main at a Beach-themed show...

Great point. I think you are on to something. 

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I predict that in our main event we get someone else joining the TNA/heel side - it could just be a red herring or nothing at all, but I mean: a six man tag main at a Beach-themed show...

2 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

I think you are on to something. 

Sorry, Zakk. 0% chance that happens now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, matt925 said:

They’re really pushing tickets hard. $20, signed poster, Darby meet n greet. Man I wish they were stuck out here in California (although there couldn’t be any fans in that case). 

That's a great deal. It makes me wish I was in Florida. Plus, the snowstorm that just slammed the northeast makes me wish I was elsewhere right now.

• Like 1

I gotta feeling

That tonight's gonna be a good night

That tonight's gonna be a good, good night

A feeling

A feeling (Ooo-hoo)

A feeling (Ooo-hoo)

A feel...

Tonight's the night

Let's live it up

I got my money

Let's spend it up

Go out and smash it

Like, oh my God!

Jump off that sofa

Let's get - get off

I know that we'll have a ball

If we get down and go out

And just lose it all

The apron bump off that Judas Effect looked kind of nasty. The battle royal didn't play out like I expected at all through the middle parts at least.

Baker/Rosa was great even with a clunky finish. Thunder Rosa has been incredible since she showed up, to be honest.

A Hardy/Hangman squash yeah wahtever let's get to the important news

AJA KONG IS ONE OF MY 5 FAVOURITE WRESTLERS EVER MAYBE I DON'T CARE HOW OLD AND FAT SHE GETS

FUCK YEAH

James Mitchell's eyebrows are 10/10. The "grope" line was weird as fuck though at least he used it both ways and not just for Penelope which made it still weird but less so. The first Miro line was fucking great. How do you fuck up the camera work on THE CAKE SHOT you bunch of clowns? It also got no pop because somehow Penelope's make up is so powerful that like zero cake got on her face. Orange Cassidy coming up from under the cake and doing his stoneface ruled, but the rest of this was A Wrestling Wedding. It wasn't good. It's never good. Also the babyfaces were the total assholes here? The crowd killing the "What Is Love" line is the worst of wrestling fans in a nutshell, at least Miro knew how to handle it and get it out of their system. Overall like 2/10 

This Shaq stuff is dying, bad. 

Lumberjack matches generally suck ass but this was about as good as one is going to get, I guess. Archer/Kingston have really good chemistry. I just pray the blow off isn't a last man standing match where the match is half guys standing around watching a ref count. Do some crazy bullshit Onita stuff instead.

The Marco Stunt thing reminded me of the gimp scene in Pulp Fiction. Maybe that's just me. 

The main event was just a giant highspot train, which is exactly what it should be. When Rey Fenix actually hits his shit there's nothing else like him. This was just fucking great. Everyone hit their shit. KENTA is here. I like KENTA but I basically stopped watching Japanese wrestling 600 years ago so take that for what you will. The Go 2 Sleep looked like shit but that kinda looked like a "Moxley is tired" problem more than a "KENTA is tiny" problem.

Really good show overall. The Wedding was never going to be good so I had no real expectations to smash. 

• Like 1

Tony was so funny during the Baker/Rosa match, sticking up for Britt every chance he gets. Good match too, the finish works for me and I hope it's leading to a gimmick match now at Revolution. Sterile Glove on a Pole Match maybe.

Hangman and Hardy are fun together.

The women's tournament announcement was rad, first time the AEW women's title seemed like a big deal in a while.

Miro was great during the wedding segment. Ending looked a little botched. I was hoping for more Mr Charles the Butler, to be honest. The one time this angle could've taken a beat and they sped past it, oh well.

Kingston/Archer was really fun. I loved Eddie busting out an Exploder. 

Tully is one of the best promos on the show and still menacing at his age.

Main event was all good stuff and KENTA showing up made my night.

Great episode again. Lots of bad camera work though, they missed all kinds of spots.

Edited by Godfrey

On 2/4/2021 at 12:01 PM, Flair’s Shadow said:

By GOD it happened!!!

The Forbidden Door has been kicked down!!

BAAAAHHHHAAAAA!!

What do you know? The blind squirrel has found a nut. Well done!

Super excited for all that comes next.

I loved that they had The Sinister Minister officiate the wedding but didn't over-explain it, trusting that people who would get it could work it out for themselves.

I think Tony Khan should buy the rights to this song for Penelope and Kip as a wedding gift/new theme song:

Edited by El Gran Gordi