DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

That Punk/Harper match was NICE. Great brawl.

As far as why Bryan no-showed Big Show: He's bandaged up from the Wyatts the week before and clearly not 100%. You think he's going to run in against those odds considering he has three psychos gunning for him now?

Daniel Bryan not helping Show is one thing the writers actually got right (by accident due to his monstrous de-push). Why should Bryan be out there for him? He screwed Bryan at Battleground and was nowhere to be found when Bryan was getting hosed by the Authority at HIAC. He only showed up to help when it would it benefit him. Then he stole Bryan's chant for extra heat. I'd be like "fuck you, enjoy fighting the Shield and Orton by yourself, you self-serving crybaby" too.

• Like 1

Tyson wasn't trying to be a movez guy, though. I don't think he had been trying that for a while even before the injury. Yeah, he's athletic, and can do the flippy-do stuff, but it almost works better just being a guy who looks really good doing simpler stuff. I thought it was kind of an unfortunate comparison for Fandango, since he was in there with a guy who looked MORE graceful then the supposed dancer.

Yea I thought this whole thing would play out with Bryan winning the Rumble and going to Mania but I really don't see that happening now. I almost expect them to do a Title Unification Match between Orton/Cena. Not sure what they do with the Royal Rumble winner if they do a Title Unification scenario though.

It'd be a good year to have a heel win the Rumble.Then play it out like WM X - Cena vs Orton goes on just before mid card. Cena goes over and is beaten to hell but needs to come out for the main event to defend the unified title against the RR winner.A heel turned Daniel Bryan would actually be fantastic in this spot I think. He could brag about having spent the last 12 months beating both of these guys over and over and not getting any reward or recognition for it because the fans didnt believe in him enough and yadda yadda yadda. "The knee that beat John Cena" would be a death move in that match.

I think it'd work fantastically well on a card with Brock v Punk, Show v HHH, Taker v Wyatt... Plus all the returning guys in Henry, Christian, Rey, Austin, Rock, Michaels, and maybe a show from Warrior and/or Hogan beating down 3MB etc.

A heel turned Daniel Bryan would actually be fantastic in this spot I think. He could brag about having spent the last 12 months beating both of these guys over and over and not getting any reward or recognition for it because the fans didnt believe in him enough and yadda yadda yadda. "The knee that beat John Cena" would be a death move in that match.

HHH puts Daniel Bryan in a handcap world title match against Randy Orton and the Shield.  DB comes out clean-shaven.  HHH orders the Shield to attack Orton and help Bryan win.  Afterwards, HHH admits that all he ever really wanted was for DB to get rid of the beard because nothing should displace Stephanie as the most prominent beard in the WWE Universe.

• Like 2

MOVEZ guys without MOVEZ are just...guys.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the moves. The point is he was just there, playing second fiddle to the women while the commentators put over Total Divas. He didn't do shit, moves or otherwise. There was nothing memorable that happened whatsoever in that match; it was complete filler & probably only happened to get a few seconds to use as video footage for the E! show to tease drama or some shit anyway. Name-dropping it as a highlight of the evening is ludicrous.

I am dying at Big Show co-opting Bryan's chant and not giving one fuck.

Hilarious.

I keep trying to tell you guys, that is not a Daniel Bryan thing. It's something that the crowd does and Daniel Bryan just happened to be the guy that was doing it with them first.

• Like 1

MOVEZ guys without MOVEZ are just...guys.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the moves. The point is he was just there, playing second fiddle to the women while the commentators put over Total Divas. He didn't do shit, moves or otherwise. There was nothing memorable that happened whatsoever in that match; it was complete filler & probably only happened to get a few seconds to use as video footage for the E! show to tease drama or some shit anyway. Name-dropping it as a highlight of the evening is ludicrous.

I thought the lone highlight of the match was Fandango's bumping for Tyson.

I fully realize that Fandango will probably never ever be World Heavyweight Champion but God dammit he's my World Heavyweight Champion.

• Like 1

I am dying at Big Show co-opting Bryan's chant and not giving one fuck.Hilarious.

I keep trying to tell you guys, that is not a Daniel Bryan thing. It's something that the crowd does and Daniel Bryan just happened to be the guy that was doing it with them first.
What other wrestler gets Yes chants? What other wrestler does the yes arm raise?Then again Big Show is the main event and Bryan is feuding with midcarders in the show opener. Show should be able to steal Bryan's gimmick.

Here's the thing.

Daniel Bryan is little.

As his name would indicate, The Big Show is big.

Therefore, Show is the better choice to push and he should be allowed to use Bryan's schtick.

If you don't get that, then I don't know what part of "you don't understand the business" is unclear.

Good day, sirs.

• Like 3

A heel turned Daniel Bryan would actually be fantastic in this spot I think. He could brag about having spent the last 12 months beating both of these guys over and over and not getting any reward or recognition for it because the fans didnt believe in him enough and yadda yadda yadda. "The knee that beat John Cena" would be a death move in that match.

HHH puts Daniel Bryan in a handcap world title match against Randy Orton and the Shield.  DB comes out clean-shaven.  HHH orders the Shield to attack Orton and help Bryan win.  Afterwards, HHH admits that all he ever really wanted was for DB to get rid of the beard because nothing should displace Stephanie as the most prominent beard in the WWE Universe.

Posted Image

BOOK IT!

• Like 1

I am dying at Big Show co-opting Bryan's chant and not giving one fuck.

Hilarious.

You're right. People have been saying "yes" for centuries now.

I think they want the Yes chants to be like the what chants, but without asking for it, they won't do it. The ending sucked, it felt like it was re-written several times, and it probably was, and what is VInce's role in all this, Meltzer keeps saying he's coming back this week, and has been wrong every week. It felt odd that Show asked for a title match and not revenge against Triple H. I think they're trying to hold that match off until "Mania  but Show should have wanted revenge. 

An ever expanding Authority group is getting to be like NWO, but they don't have that many babyfaces to square off against so I doubt they'll turn Bryan. 

Anyone notice this is the first show in  like a month that Miz escaped a beatdown? 

The one question I keep asking myself, The Authority figure story aside, why would you promote Langston/Axel on Main Event and have both lose on Raw? Axel is the IC champion, whether or not he is talented enough in anyone's opinion, why is the IC champion losing before his apparent big singles match? Ugh, this whole show felt like it was rewritten constantly.

Is Vince ever coming back? I would think the build to Survivor Series is the right time if they are to. I am scared we may be getting WM30 with Cena/Orton, Brock/Taker and Ryback/Goldberg. Do something WWE please!

Hey, the ratings for Raw dropped as the night wore on! Bryan & Punk must be the big stars, the ratings fell for the Show-Authority beatdown segment, Big Show must really suck. Can we either agree to adhere rigidly to studying the ratings or to ignore them?

Hey, the ratings for Raw dropped as the night wore on! Bryan & Punk must be the big stars, the ratings fell for the Show-Authority beatdown segment, Big Show must really suck. Can we either agree to adhere rigidly to studying the ratings or to ignore them?

How good are you at running regression models?

I am dying at Big Show co-opting Bryan's chant and not giving one fuck.Hilarious.

What other wrestler gets Yes chants? What other wrestler does the yes arm raise?Then again Big Show is the main event and Bryan is feuding with midcarders in the show opener. Show should be able to steal Bryan's gimmick.

I'm just trying to give what I assume is the WWE logic on it.