DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

I feel like the Nightmare Family would go great with an egomaniac Cody heel turn.

Vignettes at the NF gym where Cody plays his theme over the speakers. Dustin and QT do all the coaching of the young boys while Cody lifts in the corner, complete with obnoxiously loud grunting, occasionally calls over a young boy to spot him (has to be Comorato as he’s the only one that can come close to Cody’s strength). 
Cody comes over at the end and demonstrates one of his moves on a young boy and explains how he invented it before leaving. His claims becoming increasingly ludicrous by the week (how his version of the drop down uppercut is more effective because he drops to his back rather than his knees, how his version of the figure 4 is so deadly, etc.).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm going to spoiler it because it skirts too close to being NSFW, but Cornette decided to open his fat mouth about Maki Itoh, talk trash about Kenny fetishizing over small Japanese women, and said Maki would see a lot of shit in AEW.

Maki's response?

Spoiler

She's just the best.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I'd be very interested to see some AEW crossover for the G1. I think Mox is a good one and Adam Page and maybe Archer since they have some experience. Not sure what Wardlow's conditioning is like but he would make a good impression and I'm sure he could use the experience. I'd really like to see MJF work a New Japan crowd too, Switchblade has made an art out of it and Max could find that level too. Yano/MJF has a high chance of comedy match of the year.

21 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I'd be very interested to see some AEW crossover for the G1. I think Mox is a good one and Adam Page and maybe Archer since they have some experience. Not sure what Wardlow's conditioning is like but he would make a good impression and I'm sure he could use the experience. I'd really like to see MJF work a New Japan crowd too, Switchblade has made an art out of it and Max could find that level too. Yano/MJF has a high chance of comedy match of the year.

Sending younger AEW talent on NJPW tours would be tremendous growth experiences for their younger workers, in general. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

MJF/Yano could be up their with Naito vs Yano in the G1

• Like 1

Again...don't expect anyone from AEW to be in the G1 this year. There's no way Tony is taking Mox off of TV for the entirety of the G1 and there's no way Mox is going to go live in Japan that whole time when his kid was just born. Same goes for Adam Page. If anyone from AEW is going to be in the G1 this year then they need to go through quarantine, somehow get permission to go to Japan, then live in Japan that whole time, go back into quarantine, and make it back to the states.

Maybe next year, but I doubt any of this happens this year.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm going to spoiler it because it skirts too close to being NSFW, but Cornette decided to open his fat mouth about Maki Itoh, talk trash about Kenny fetishizing over small Japanese women, and said Maki would see a lot of shit in AEW.

Maki's response?

Reveal hidden contents

She's just the best.

You all know you don't have to pick a side between the two right? You can say "Jim Cornette is wrong about Japanese wrestlers" AND "A wrestler covering herself in feces is gross"?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Goodear said:

You all know you don't have to pick a side between the two right? You can say "Jim Cornette is wrong about Japanese wrestlers" AND "A wrestler covering herself in feces is gross"?

For fucks sake, it's chocolate. She's literally holding a chocolate bar.

You are literally the most unfun fucking person on this entire board, which is saying something. You could take the fun out of a 5 year olds birthday party where there were bounce houses for kids and adults.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

OMG! You mean it’s not real poop!?!?!?!    ?!?!? Thanks for that.

Maybe my idea of fun doesn’t involve fake shit. You know, I will go ahead and take that bullet. You got me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unrelated to doo doo, I'm pretty happy Nick Commarato is with the Nightmare Family because I think working tags or six man's with Dustin is gonna be a really great thing for his development. I was actually kinda laughing when he debuted on Dynamite, because maybe an hour or two beforehand I was saying on here how he was my favorite dude on Dark because he was like a WCW SN guy

• Like 3

Maybe I am getting less critical with age but those rap videos by The Acclaimed are getting better.  It sounds like he isn’t just c&piing new words onto the same backing track like they have been on Dark and Dynamite until recently.  They are such a project.  They need to work brawls that toughen them up.  They have no personality as a team in between bells.  They should become the team that The New Age Outlaws were when they would work opposite Foley.  

They aren’t even at the point that All Night Express were initially in ROH.  ANX were two random yet also green lower tier late 2000s Ring of Honor regulars - much like The Acclaimed.  Kenny King and Rhett Titus were more of a new booker’s whim than an actual tag team until Briscoes & American Wolves helped them immensely.   Bowen’s & Caster needed to feud for awhile with someone like SCU.  They did work together but it was brief and at the start of The Acclaimed promotion to Wednesdays instead of obscurity on Tuesdays.  As it is these last two weeks of videos on Dark already show more variety than Rappin’ Cena showed us.

41 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Unrelated to doo doo, I'm pretty happy Nick Commarato is with the Nightmare Family because I think working tags or six man's with Dustin is gonna be a really great thing for his development. I was actually kinda laughing when he debuted on Dynamite, because maybe an hour or two beforehand I was saying on here how he was my favorite dude on Dark because he was like a WCW SN guy

I was about to write the same thing. He looked really good working with Dustin on Dark and I wouldn't mind if he takes over for QT as Dustin's partner.

I can get into Aaron Solow and Lee Johnson as a tag team, Lee especially had a great hot tag. And did Solow dye his hair to match his new stable? That shows commitment.

I'm also into the Acclaimed's weekly raps. Caster is much better when he's not off the cuff and he legit gets me at least once each time out.

Tay Conti rules.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Tony Khan is one of my favorite promos in wrestling.

He is fucking great. He's such a nerd, but you can tell he's having the time of his life. I love it.

• Like 3