DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

At this stage, the only joy I find in JR is Deadlock making fun every week multiple times. It cracks me up every time. As a commentator, he's horrendous. Their job is to promote and hype up wrestlers and matches. He does that for about 3 or 4 people that fits his narrow scope of what wrestlers should look and act like and for others often is disinterested or even undermines them. I don't even care about the slip ups. I care more about the intent to drag the fucking show down. Doing the Waldorf and Statler shit would be fine on a podcast or backstage but has zero space on the actual commentary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, alstein said:

Just watched the Tay/Nyla match.  Really good and good story in the match too with Tay's lack of composure costing her ,and Nyla busting out some moves you don't usually see from her.

Tay Conti continues to impress, everytime out she looks better, Her, Anna Jay, Britt Baker have tons of upside

• Like 4

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/wrestling-legend-paul-wight-signs-long-term-deal-with-aew

WOW.

Paul Wight signs with AEW to wrestle and commentate.

New show called AEW Dark: Elevation spotlighting AEW talent with those on the independent scene. Said shows airs Monday. AEW Dark on a Tuesday. AEW Dynamite on a Wednesday.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

Interesting signing... What does Wight bring to AEW though? They have a bunch of legends...

Not at all interested in him in the ring.

I'm not either in ring. It's a surprising development. More into the new show which will hopefully give TV time to the talent who need it.

I am not sure why you would sign Paul Wight for commentating?  Especially when you have 4 or 5 already.   As far as wrestling,  it is going to look like a massive mismatch against the vast majority of talent and unfortunately might expose Wardlow & Luchasaurus as being not as tall as you think

Hopefully AEW Elevation turns into Dark apparently and is a 3 hour show so it is the longest running show in AEW

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

So I guess that Elevation will be their NXT show as it is most guys like the Nightmare training school that is clogging up the Dark show right now.  I don't know what you turn Dark into though.  Maybe it will go back it's original live to tape version because I can't imagine when they do have TV tapings outside of Jacksonville we are getting a 90 minute taping of Lee Johnson and Dr Luther matches

11 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

Monday show going against RAW?

I thought the Khans weren't interested in going against Football?

It's at 7 pm and it's a YouTube show. So no, they're not going against Raw or MNF.