DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Hmmm, the women's bracket isn't my favourite but I'm gonna be glued regardless. Poor Mei Suruga gonna likely get dumped in the first. Mizunami would be one of Maki's biggest wins of her career wouldn't she? I don't know if Maki survives that either. I am calling Yuka vs Aja in the final but am hoping for Veny/Aja. Long term I hope they bring over Maki, Mei, and Veny but if this leads to an extended AEW run for Yuka I'm very cool with that too. 

AEW is learning but they better do bio vids for each of the women. Maki's failures/defiance makes for such a relatable story beyond just being the funny queen of simps that swears in English. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 3:05 AM, zendragon said:

Talk about who AEW sends to the G1 all you want but just give me Yano vs Orange Cassidy just to see him shrug after OC goes for the pockets on the lock up

I want to see Jericho vs Yano as well.

Also, The Good Brothers on BTE are a major turn off. That style of humor is just...ugh. I really don't care for that shit and if it starts to make its way onto Dynamite, I will be skipping those segments as well. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I want to see Jericho vs Yano as well.

Also, The Good Brothers on BTE are a major turn off. That style of humor is just...ugh. I really don't care for that shit and if it starts to make its way onto Dynamite, I will be skipping those segments as well. 

Less Good Brothers, should be dubbed Bad Brothers instead. I'm with you.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 1:08 AM, Craig H said:

I'm going to spoiler it because it skirts too close to being NSFW, but Cornette decided to open his fat mouth about Maki Itoh, talk trash about Kenny fetishizing over small Japanese women, and said Maki would see a lot of shit in AEW.

Maki's response?

Reveal hidden contents

She's just the best.

I suggest that Tony K purchase the rights to this song, for use as Maki Ito's new theme:

• Like 3

D7dWg0dUEAAv14T?format=jpg&name=large

Thinking back to the bloody Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes ***** match at AEW Double or Nothing 2019, I miss the ring having the AEW logo on it. I thought it was another difference from WWE in a good way.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thinking back to the bloody Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes ***** match at AEW Double or Nothing 2019, I miss the ring having the AEW logo on it. I thought it was another difference from WWE in a good way.

I love the visual of a logo on the canvas too. But screen printed logos like that get really slippery to work on. It's usually fine to start, but the smallest amount of sweat or blood and your footing ends up being like dancing on vinyl with baby oil on your feet lol. I bet that's why they dropped it. I'm sure there's a way to texture the logo, make it feel like sandpaper, but who the F wants to bump on it then, ha.

• Like 6

Sneak peak for da AEW freaks:

Mizunami/ANIKI is in the semi-main event (aka the only other match on the show). Yeah I decided to watch this before I watch Mutoh/Go. I think ChocoPro is becoming my #2 promotion. Emi Sakura's contribution to dis business is pretty remarkable. Give her a vanity run with the title. 

Top 5 so far of an early top ten of the year list.

1. Kenny Omega, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows vs Jon Moxley, PAC and Rey Fenix (Dynamite; Feb. 3rd)

2. Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix (Dynamite; Jan. 6th)

3. Thunder Rosa vs Legit Layla Hirsh (Dynamite; Feb. 10th)

4. Jungle Boy vs Dax Harwood (Dynamite; Jan. 27th)

5. PAC vs Eddie Kingston (Dynamite; Jan.13th)

• Like 2